How many of yall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of yall?

How many of yall actually bareshaft tune your trad bows?

I have a problem im trying to fix. With my bareshafts.
    They show weak but my fletched arrows fly good. Im about to pull my hair out over it. But im starting to think i wont be shooting bareshafts at pigs so i should just let it be

I paper tune, and have always had great results along with great performance!

Bisch

Comment

How far away are u shooting at paper?

Comment

Always bare shaft my arrows. Can you cut a half inch off to see if that helps? It doesnt take much sometimes. My bare shafts will group with fletched arrows out to 30. Its nice to know that my arrows will fly good even if the feathers get wet.

Comment

Never.

Comment

I'm always hesitant to tell folks anything about tuning because my experience is limited... but for me bare shaft tuning is a pain. My bow shoots bare shafts like darts a lot of times. But there's quite a few times it doesn't, and I think it's a form issue on my part. I think I'm just not consistent enough to make a bare shaft fly perfect every time. I know every time I shoot one I'm nervous for some reason. It sounds easy when you read about it but when you try to apply it, it's not. At least for me anyway.

Comment

I bare shaft tune, but sometimes it might be a while before I get around to doing it for a particular arrow. Fletching can fool you. Bare is a little weak or stiff, your fletched shafts fly just fine. Trim the weak shaft 1/4" at a time if you can. Sometimes might have to go up in spine and start over if the arrow gets too short or reduce point weight. It's a process that can take several sessions.
              If I get nervous about it, I move closer to the bale. I start at about 7 or 8 yards and work back to 40.

Comment

How many of yall?

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                How far away are u shooting at paper?

I start at 6'. Shoot and adjust till I get the bullet hole. Then move back to 15' and verify all is still the same.

Then I fletch some arrows and shoot some broadheads to verify they fly to the same aim point as field points.

Then I go hunting!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                  I'm always hesitant to tell folks anything about tuning because my experience is limited... but for me bare shaft tuning is a pain. My bow shoots bare shafts like darts a lot of times. But there's quite a few times it doesn't, and I think it's a form issue on my part. I think I'm just not consistent enough to make a bare shaft fly perfect every time. I know every time I shoot one I'm nervous for some reason. It sounds easy when you read about it but when you try to apply it, it's not. At least for me anyway.
                  Truth.

Comment

Never have, arrows fly good, broadheads hit the same

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I do. It is just one tool of many in the tool box.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Never. If they fly good they are good for me. If they are flopping or hitting the target wrong you have the wrong arrow for that bow. Arvin

Comment

My two bits, I bare shaft at 10 yards whenever I make changes to my setup.

To keep broad heads and fingers apart with my DL, I need full length shafts leaving me to play with spine, point weight and brace to get to where I'm a tad weak before fletching.
                          Most important is still shooting your broad heads to have sufficient fletching to stabilize. I get away with 4x3' parabolic on my field points, but go 4x4' or even 5' for margins with the sharp ones.

As y'all probably have experienced, before our form is consistent, any tuning is just frustrating, but regardless of form, shoot a few before making changes and settle!

Comment

Majority of the time, no. I will resort to bare shaft tuning if I'm have trouble getting good flight out of a particular shaft type or bow.

LD

Comment

I bare shaft at about 20 yards and trim until they hit the same as field points. If they're a tad on the weak side it's ok (unless your arrow is eradic with broadheads). After I bare shaft I shoot fletched arrows with field points and broadheads to make sure everything is perfect. The broadheads will magnify any imperfections in your arrow spine and you can make appropriate changes as needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X