No announcement yet.

Time to get serious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am. That's why I am out there shooting as the wife is telling me I don't have time for that today. I told her I don't have time not to. Hurts my gut to lose an animal. However I know nature has more cruel ways to let them die. Walked up on this pig twice while searching for the doe. Second time I recognized the reason he didn't "run" off was something was wrong. A couple of quick shots from my AR ended his suffering and starvation. Bottom jaw was broken off on both sides an inch in front of the joint. We aren't near a road so I suspect fighting did him in. Emaciated and dying slow you can see his spine and hips have no meat on them. Nice cutters on a broken jaw.Click image for larger version

Name:	20161222_124456.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	24477491

Gary

Comment

Shooting quite a bit and noticed arrow flight issues. Checked brace height and was off an eighth inch. Was kind of talking silent smack on the string as I twisted it even more when I noticed the limb end didn't look right so I unstrung and found my lower limb bolt had backed off. So I tightened it back up and reworked the string as needed. Don't want to Loctite them but can't live with that issue. Ideas?

Gary
      Last edited by DRT; 12-25-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Time to get serious.

What bow?

I only shoot takedowns, and have never had a limb bolt come loose.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          What bow?

I only shoot takedowns, and have never had a limb bolt come loose.

Bisch
          I believe he's shooting a Sage now.

Comment

Yep. Sage 45@28.

Gary

Comment

My widow will be a one piece . . .

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                My widow will be a one piece . . .

Gary
                Big Jim has a new 2 piece recurve coming out!! Just saying.
                If it's not on his site just shoot him an Emil or call him.
                Top notch guy!!!

Comment

Between the kids and the ranch it may be a while before that order gets placed . . .

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Between the kids and the ranch it may be a while before that order gets placed . . .

Gary
                    If you're interested in one of his bows you should go ahead and place the order!! His wait time is roughly a year, but you only have to pay $100 to get on his list. I just would hate to wait that long for a bow. He makes some really, really nice stuff though.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                      If you're interested in one of his bows you should go ahead and place the order!! His wait time is roughly a year, but you only have to pay $100 to get on his list. I just would hate to wait that long for a bow. He makes some really, really nice stuff though.
                      I'm not. I'm looking to get a Widow PSR.

Gary

Comment

This is probably NOT the issue, as I'm sure you've practiced with your broadheads, but they do group like your field tips right? I know I had to tweek my brace height just a bit to bring them together on my longbow. In my recurves they always flew the same.
                        Shot three different ones and they hit relative to my field points.

Comment

I believe he's shooting a Sage now.
                          I had mine get loose once, but only because I didn't tighten it down enough.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Trad is very challenging....keep your head up and don't get down on yourself to bad. I would try and keep my shots on animals close for a while. Close enough that you can see the fleas jumping off them.

Comment

I'm at the ranch cleaning up crap around the home site and burning trash piles. No water here to shower yet, well guy is coming out next week to try to get things going, but I may give it a go this evening. Definitely a lot of deer and pig activity at the two feeders we have up. Saw several deer, including two bucks, this morning while working. I'm pretty excited about the future of this place.

Gary

Comment

May as well go hunting!! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X