No announcement yet.

Time to get serious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitch the windows weren't my issue. My short little ***** trying to shoot a 62" bow at an animal at 7 yards away. When I shot out to 12 yards I was fine. It was a matter of my lack of experience with shooting a recurve from an elevated blind. Or any blind for that matter.

Gary

Comment

I know. forgot to add the smiley face

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting in a 12' tripod at my feeder pen. Will be hard to shoot one in the pen but I've trimmed a hole I can shoot to the NW and I have some corn at 12 yards.

Had a pig grunting west of me. They seldom Com by this set up because I have a pen.

Gary
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DRT; 12-19-2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Good luck, Gary!

Bisch

Comment

Good luck ! Looking forward to some Ldp's !

Comment

Wind got squirrelly and the deer spooked out. Many times they'll come back but they haven't this time. May be a fruitless endeavor.

Gary

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Ended up with 7 bucks in and out ranging from a 4yo 9pt to a spike. Wanted to shoot a basket rack 8 but so still and quiet with so many eyes I couldn't draw.

Gary

Comment

A friend on the lease has this pop up set up for his son. He was kind enough to allow me to sit here. It's quite a bit taller than the pop up I have and I have plenty of clearance. Feeder is at 18 yards but I have corn spread from 10 to 15 yards. Wind is right and I hope it stays that way. He said the pigs like this set up. I'm willing to find out.
                    .Click image for larger version

Name:	20161220_154756.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	24477255

Gary

Comment

Awesome. Good luck!!

Comment

I'll need it. Thanx!

Gary

Comment

Maybe I just don't have what it takes. Shot over a doe at 12 yards. I can make that shot all day any day on the target. Got one 50 yards out contemplating coming back in. Idkwthiwwm.

Gary

Comment

Ha! I have been at this for 20yrs and I missed three does in one morning last year! The fourth one was not so lucky though!!! The first one is definitely the hardest. After you start whacking a few it gets easier to hold your composure...........most of the time!

Good luck!

Bisch

Comment

Well plenty of action this morning. A really nice 3yo 8 came in early with a spike i thought was a good doe. I had to wait for good shooting light and when I was comfortable with it and the two separated I got ready to draw on the "doe". At that point it raised it's head and looked at me and I could see two tiny 3 inch spikes. So they got a pass. After a while a young doe came in but never squared up before another one snorted north of me and they all left. Then a doe with a button buck came in and stood side by side, broad side, eating the hand corn. Then the wind died. They finally separated and she got in position but heard or sensed me drawing. Looked square at me and I was half drawn. Finally had to ease off and she got uncomfortable and left. I am snake bit with this quest.

Gary

Comment

But I'll be back in the blind this evening.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X