Is this worth it? Lease amount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    For $300 in that part of the country with their deer populations, I could **** sure make it work with two bowhunting folks.

Hell in East Texas they put 25 folks on 1,000 acres for $500 each and prob have 15 deer on the whole property.[emoji23]

Ok if that's the case then it's worth a shot at lease for one season. I was thinking he wanted $600 each

Send me the info on the East Texas lease. Only 25 members for 1000 acres @ $500 sounds awesome

Comment

Walk the place if you see good sign jump on it. Pay the man and get something in writing for exclusive hunting rights just to make sure he doesn't let anyone else out there on such a small place. Keep it for yourself and kid. I wouldn't split a place that small.
      If you try to negotiate price you may make him mad/give him a bad first impression and if it does turn out good you may not get it next year as he a gets a bad taste in his mouth for you and leases it to someone else that offers him more. Pay his price keep him happy and he's less likely to give it to someone else in the future for a few hundred more

Comment

Even still I would ask the landowner to let you have it for $600 all to yourself

Comment

Ide be all over that

Comment

You should get on it, do it before someone else does. Sounds perfect for you and the kids.
            Sounds like a good deal to me and its super handy, being ten minutes away.

Comment

Looks like 10-15 acres that would have some cover for deer. If there is some sign of deer on the place then it's worth it. Not much to hold them there though but like other folks have said if you take advantage of the river access to do other things than deer hunt then it might be worth it.

Comment

Me and my buddy hunted some of his familys ranch last year that was only 50 acres. It was similar to this setup. Had a big creek in the front of the property and the back of the property was semi open with some tree cover. Saw a ton of deer and killed plenty of hogs, and fishing during the day while not hunting was the best.

Was some of the best times I have ever had. So I would say that piece of property is definitely worth $600.

Comment

I'd say give him the $600 and ask him if you bail the coastal if you can split the profit of hay sale. Make some your money back. We get 3 cuttings a year off of ours and if it's 5' tall then he is not doing anything with it anyway.

Comment

You should offer $1000 for only you and your kids to hunt. You'll get to hunt/fish by yourself and the owner will get Close to what he originally wants.

Think about it. If you're 10 mins away, you'll be there often. I'm sure you'll get your money's worth.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

its worth it but i'd offer $500 and see if he bites. all he can say is NO

Comment

If I owned 40 acres I don't think I'd let anybody on it for $600 a year. You better pay the man what he is asking.
                        You never know, it might be a honey hole for arrowheads too. That would be a selling point for me.

Comment

yes

and dont discount that the deer will leave the security of cover to come to the open field for corn. a feeder in the open with cover nearby would be a great gun blind.

Comment

I prob would... if i was only one hunting

Comment

I would pay $600 a year just to sit in the river and drink beer.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                                I would pay $600 a year just to sit in the river and drink beer.
                                This.

Comment

Working...
                                X