Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR Caliber...want something new, last one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR Caliber...want something new, last one!

The "boys" and I have several AR platforms in 5.56, 308, 6.5 Grendel...and I/we don't have a hankering for an AK...what would YOU want if you were me?

I'm retiring November 1st and would like something really that few have to put in our arsenal? Want a "low recoil and in a caliber that we can buy or custom build at reasonable price." Reloading days are long gone so it has to be something to order ammo on line or find at the "box gun stores..not Walley Word." Would like to stay in the AR15 platform...

I have always wanted a 22-250 or 260 in an AR platform, but constant research on line has few if any options. At least for me/us...can't see any real advantage for the 300 BO options, but convince me if we/me are missing something?

Any advice?????

My dad has a .410 AR. Its a lot of fun to shoot.

Comment

Nemo 300 winmag AR

Comment

.204 in an ar platform is pretty cool.

Comment

I like my 6.8, .204 would be cool too

But if Your okay with considering a non low recoil option, I'd go 458 socom, 300 win mag, or 450 bushmaster

Comment

someday I will build a 6.8, next 450bush

Comment

458 socom or 50 Beowulf

Go big or go home. Ha

Comment

204, 6.8 or 458 socom

Comment

I had a 6.8 and it's a good round but for me I can't beat a 300 black. if I am hunting with my ar then my shots are not over 200 yards ( I did kill a buck with my 6.8 at 325) if I go over 200 I grab my 300 win or 260 or one of several other larger guns. the black has no recoil and I can shoot in a short barrel and with subs if wanted. I shot a doe at 120 yards last year with the Barnes bullet and she never moved

Comment

Nemo also offeres your .260, but reasonable isn't how I would describe the price on those.

Do you have a trust and any interest in a SBR? If so, maybe a short 6.8spc. Could also just build a pistol, some of the new "braces" aren't horrible looking.

25-45 sharps.

Or build one in 7.62x39, dirt cheap ammo available everywhere. Maybe a folding pistol brace with I tiny barrel. Would be like a flame thrower.

A CMMG mutant with a fostech echo trigger would be a blast!!!

Comment

For something different I'd go 25-45 sharps, 277 wolverine or 204. I don't think you can find the first two calibers in too many places so you'd have to order online if you don't reload.

Comment

204 would be my choice.

Comment

Second on 277 wolverine

Comment

You need a big bore! I like the .450 bushmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                              204 would be my choice.
                              My vote goes 204 also. I was going to build one but got impatient and got a great deal on a bolt gun. A couple of guys are making them but not many.

Comment

Working...
                              X