No announcement yet.

kieth johns outdoors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reviews are helpful to the people that haven't been there. When I look to go to a new place to eat I often look at reviews. These reviews often help to the point of what I order. I like the good and the bad. Not everyone's experience will be great.

I think it's stupid though for everyone to jump on someone just because that's there favorite place or they have done so well there in the past.

I think people are afraid to post anything negative about some of these day leases just because of the mob approach. Kudos to the original poster.

Comment

Originally posted by bu2herndog View Post
      If you spend enough time on here I am sure everybody know's who you're referring to.
      Don't worry I am sure he will chime on in (again) sometime to make some kind of Heroic KJO Defense Stance.

Comment

I have been reading opinions and live hunts about KJO and Diamond C for 6 months now, trying to decide which one I would like to try. I think this one finally made up my mind for me. I read about alot more kills or at least sightings or opportunities at Diamond C. I have to agree that most of the KJO posts are "Keith is a great guy, but we didn't see anything but hogs or rams".
        While I understand hunting is hunting and the animals are smart, there is a certain level of expectations once someone pays money. I am glad Keith is a great guy, but is that worth just spending money to go stay at his place. Anyway calling out the OP is just wrong and the final turn off for me, if I want to hunt hogs I can do it at my place. The live hunts at Diamond C always sound like more animals and a larger assortment of animals are seen.

Comment

No pilin on here, but I've had nuthin but great experiences at KJO. Its an affordable ranch with no hidden fees. Keith & Coop work there arses off & I've always met great folk when huntin there. Sounds like y'all fellas flung plenty of arras, brought some carcasses back. Nuthin shabby about that.

KJO ain't for everybody I guess, no different than any other outfits out there. Best of luck at whichever new day lease ya try out!

Comment

Originally posted by ProV1 View Post
            I have been reading opinions and live hunts about KJO and Diamond C for 6 months now, trying to decide which one I would like to try. I think this one finally made up my mind for me. I read about alot more kills or at least sightings or opportunities at Diamond C. I have to agree that most of the KJO posts are "Keith is a great guy, but we didn't see anything but hogs or rams".
            While I understand hunting is hunting and the animals are smart, there is a certain level of expectations once someone pays money. I am glad Keith is a great guy, but is that worth just spending money to go stay at his place. Anyway calling out the OP is just wrong and the final turn off for me, if I want to hunt hogs I can do it at my place. The live hunts at Diamond C always sound like more animals and a larger assortment of animals are seen.
            X2-
            I literally don't think I have seen a successful axis doe hunt from the semi-live hunt's posted on here from KJO. Like stated, I have never been to either, but I see quite a few more pics and better reviews for Diamond C.

Comment

Originally posted by SCENT LOCK View Post
              Well all i can say is if you aint happy with Keith or his ranch just dont go anymore that way there would be more animals for us guys that love Keith and his ranch, and another thing if you dont like being hammered on a post you put up on KJO then i would think twice about doing that on TBH because there are alot of Bowhunters on here that love Keith, Good Day.
              You got it all wrong by telling him not to post if he does not like something about Keith's ranch. No reason to think twice about anything at all. LIke stated above on several posts. It is a rate the day lease section so good and bad is going to be posted about. If you don't like what is said then I would think twice about bashing a guy for voicing his opinion. Good Day.

Comment

Kjo

atleast it doesn't stink to high heaven like TT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nature Boy View Post
                  You got it all wrong by telling him not to post if he does not like something about Keith's ranch. No reason to think twice about anything at all. LIke stated above on several posts. It is a rate the day lease section so good and bad is going to be posted about. If you don't like what is said then I would think twice about bashing a guy for voicing his opinion. Good Day.
                  AGREED 100% - thanks for typing that out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by birddog66 View Post
                    agreed 100% - thanks for typing that out for me.
                    x 1000.

Comment

Thanks guys i appreciate the support. My aim was not keep anyone from going to kjo but to explain our experience and see if that was the norm on the day lease scene.

Comment

OP I read your post. Let me say I've hunted Keiths and one other place. From hunting Keiths and the other place Ive figured a couple things. One you time always seems way to short just about the time you start to get things figured out its time to leave.You may end up spending more on a no trophy fee ranch to get a good animal but its a trophy you worked for . Its like having a deer lease you cant scout and only get to hunt a couple days a year. Since hunting keiths Ive taken a big catalina goat ,a couple hogs, hit a decent axis I couldnt recover, missed good aoudad twice and took a nice black hawian last year.If I was a better shot that would be pretty impressive I think.
                        You get better with learning the ranch , just like any place else you hunt. I jumped the gun last time I was there and shot the ram while he was going down the blackbuck I had set up for walked in.
                        Keith's is fun and Ill keep going back . It aint easy but thats part of the fun to me ive always had a shot at something cool everytime Ive hunted.
                        Diamond C and Hunt's have the same kind of following amoung people who have hunted there . If Keith's is for you Id try one of those, I think ill be trying Hunt's once Ive finished the goals Ive set for myself at Keith's[Axis Buck and Blackbuck}
                        Ill be there May 18 with a couple guys from here ,can't wait.
                        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jmm83164 View Post
                          OP I read your post. Let me say I've hunted Keiths and one other place. From hunting Keiths and the other place Ive figured a couple things. One you time always seems way to short just about the time you start to get things figured out its time to leave.You may end up spending more on a no trophy fee ranch to get a good animal but its a trophy you worked for . Its like having a deer lease you cant scout and only get to hunt a couple days a year. Since hunting keiths Ive taken a big catalina goat ,a couple hogs, hit a decent axis I couldnt recover, missed good aoudad twice and took a nice black hawian last year.If I was a better shot that would be pretty impressive I think.
                          You get better with learning the ranch , just like any place else you hunt. I jumped the gun last time I was there and shot the ram while he was going down the blackbuck I had set up for walked in.
                          Keith's is fun and Ill keep going back . It aint easy but thats part of the fun to me ive always had a shot at something cool everytime Ive hunted.
                          Diamond C and Hunt's have the same kind of following amoung people who have hunted there . If Keith's is for you Id try one of those, I think ill be trying Hunt's once Ive finished the goals Ive set for myself at Keith's[Axis Buck and Blackbuck}
                          Ill be there May 18 with a couple guys from here ,can't wait.
                          Mike
                          Gonna be there May 18th myself for an axis or black buck, see you there.

Comment

Welcome to TBH and please only post the popular view (according to the select few)of your experience,not your honest opinion...

Comment

I read the Rate The Day Lease forum for people's experiences, both good and bad. I appreciate the honest reviews and would ask that people continue to post their view of the trip. Don't let the forum bullies scare you off.

Comment

Thanks for your review. Don't let the negative stuff get to you. No matter where on this site you post there is always someones feathers you will ruff up. It has happened to all of us. I have been one time to KJO and had very good time. I am going back in the middle of June. Timing is very important when hunting a place that is hunted on a regular basis. Good Luck to ALL.

Comment

Working...
                                X