No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We didnt scout section one as we thought it would be the busiest along with 6 and 8. Im not sure were we will go, just going ti see were most hunters go tomorrow and go the opposite direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmac View Post
      In was lucky enough to get a cow on Tuesday morning, but can’t get the pics to upload. Make sure you have all your clothes treated with permethrin, got destroyed by ticks and chiggers in January on a rifle hunt and had zero problems on this hunt after a good permethrin treatment. I think their scale is wrong, after pulling that cow a mile to the road there is no way she only weighed 200 pounds. If it wasn’t for my amigo aggiebowhunter I think I would still be trying to get her out. Good luck to everyone hunting this week. Watch for rattlesnakes.
      Congrats on the kill! Maybe I missed it but what unit were you hunting? As hard as it all is, that feeling of accomplishment once your done is what makes it all worth it. Especially on public land!

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
        We didnt scout section one as we thought it would be the busiest along with 6 and 8. Im not sure were we will go, just going ti see were most hunters go tomorrow and go the opposite direction.
        Goodluck to yall and thanks for the reports.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
          Congrats on the kill! Maybe I missed it but what unit were you hunting? As hard as it all is, that feeling of accomplishment once your done is what makes it all worth it. Especially on public land!
          Thank you. I hunted all over unit 5 and some of the guys in my group hunted in 3. We saw nalgi and whitetails all over both units but getting close enough to get a shot is another story. Put in a lot of miles riding, walking and sitting. Good luck this week.

Comment

Thank you. I hunted all over unit 5 and some of the guys in my group hunted in 3. We saw nalgi and whitetails all over both units but getting close enough to get a shot is another story. Put in a lot of miles riding, walking and sitting. Good luck this week.
            And all of a sudden Tapatalk let the pic upload???

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3245.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	24522024

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]885831[/ATTACH]

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Huge congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats jmac

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                    Awesome! Huge congrats!

Anything at Nannie?

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                      Anything at Nannie?
                      I struck out hard. Can't always be successful I guess. I did not see a deer in 6 hunts, other 2 had plenty of deer and shots, couple of long missed shots, cousin killed his first hog with a bow.
                      I'll admit I've already had my fill of hunting and did not give it my all, but thats okay, heading to the Chap Monday! Then I'm going full blitz!

Comment

Good luck at the Chap. Maybe one day I'll get there before old age catches up with me.

Comment

Thanks everyone, it was more than worth the effort. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3250.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24522042

Comment

[ATTACH]885831[/ATTACH]

Nicely done!

Comment

Saw a total of 7 nilgai, 2 being bulls yesterday. No shot opportunity as they were either off in the distance or I was packing in. Weather is warm

Comment

Has anyone checked the board yet? I haven’t been around to see what has been killed. I saw a couple whitetail bucks in bow range and a hog just out of bow range yesterday. I haven’t seen any nilgai yet though.

Comment

Working...
                                X