• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump ended the mandate as Jan 1, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
      Yall got by cheap on the mri's. Had one doe and cost 9k
      I can beat that.

I had a MRI last year and the hospital billed the insurance $67,312. Insurance only paid them $3600 which was still too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Same here. Never had it, never could afford it. I could buy another house for what insurance costs. My wife had it through the school district for her and the kids but it has gone up every year. It finally went up enough this year that we canceled it. It is an absolute racket. The out of pocket deductibles are so high that it wouldn't matter if we did have it.
        Same situation. Wife and kids on her district policy. to add me would be an addtitional 800 monthly.I ALMOST had her cancel it this year but she chickened out in anxiety the last day of enrollment last week and signed up for it.
        We pay cash for everything anyway because the deductible is still like 5500 and thats a ton of dr visits to meet.

Comment

My best friend is a doctor and the stories I could tell you about health insurance. We should have never let insurance companies into the medical field! JMO!

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
            So the wife was having severe abdominal pain this morning so I took her to her doctor. The doctor ordered a CT Scan and sent us across town to get it. When we get here the lady tells us that we haven’t met our insurance deductible and out of pocket yet so we need to pay $2689.00 for the scan. I told them that I had one done with no insurance and it wasn’t that much. She says “It’s cheaper without insurance”. So I tell her I’ll pay the “without insurance price”. Total out the door is $400. This whole insurance game is ridiculous and really ticks me off. If you have anything done and have insurance make sure you ask them for the cash price too. They were going to let us pay $500 today and pay the balance out monthly if we filed on insurance. Didn’t file and got out for $400 total. Grrrrr

This is insane!

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntsman27 View Post
                And there is the problem with our healthcare system. why is a facility willing to accept $400.00 and presumably be profitable for this service but must be paid much much more to file it on insurance. I understand there is a cost to file a claim and have to wait for your money but that is ridiculous.
                Because insurance companies tend to bicker and ***** and delay payment as long as possible, there fore hospitals and doctors are gonna stick it to them. That’s just my opinion having dealt with claims of my own. Kinda like being a contractor in the oilfield (which I have lots of experience with), prices are higher when you know you’ll wait on your money from 90 to 120 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                  I can beat that.

I had a MRI last year and the hospital billed the insurance $67,312. Insurance only paid them $3600 which was still too much.
                  This is what I’ve never understood. Most insurance companies have a negotiated price on services by medical providers already established. Why the heck do they bill an over inflated price to insurance & then you get the letter showing how much was billed but insurance only pays the contracted price?

Comment

I had a surgery earlier this year. My hospital, surgeon, and anesthesiologists were all in my network. I was very diligent in making sure of this. I paid about 3k total for the entire procedure which meet my out-of-pocket max for the year. This was in January. Last week I got a letter from the surgeon saying that I owed the nurse 2.5k cause she was out of my network.

There has to be some legal document I can carry to all my doctors/surgeons/etc saying that I do not consent to treatment from any out-of-network providers (except for life threatening situations).

Comment

A friend had a 2 stints put in 7 years ago and with insurance it would have been $84,000. He paid it out a hundred a month and it cost him $16,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Nplattii View Post
                        I had a surgery earlier this year. My hospital, surgeon, and anesthesiologists were all in my network. I was very diligent in making sure of this. I paid about 3k total for the entire procedure which meet my out-of-pocket max for the year. This was in January. Last week I got a letter from the surgeon saying that I owed the nurse 2.5k cause she was out of my network.

There has to be some legal document I can carry to all my doctors/surgeons/etc saying that I do not consent to treatment from any out-of-network providers (except for life threatening situations).
                        This is "one" of my pet peeves with in/out network.

8 months is just too long to bill & 2.5K to one nurse for one procedure...BS. I really hate the way insurance has evolved into.

Comment

I had a surgery done 7 years ago . Insurance was billed almost 60g . Sister had the same surgery paid cash was less then 8grand .

Comment

So what's the point of paying for insurance if you can pay less in cash for doctor visits and minor medical procedures? Seams to me that unless you have sickly family members you would be far ahead to pocket/save the high premiums. You can always sign up for insurance with pre-existing conditions.

Obama care is doing more damage to the middle class folks than anyone could conceive... Along with the medical industry lobbyist and crooked politicians this great country is doomed to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Because insurance companies tend to bicker and ***** and delay payment as long as possible, there fore hospitals and doctors are gonna stick it to them. That’s just my opinion having dealt with claims of my own. Kinda like being a contractor in the oilfield (which I have lots of experience with), prices are higher when you know you’ll wait on your money from 90 to 120 days.
                              Boy howdy, I can tell you some stories on that. One of the worst was a waste water hauling company out of Pennsylvania, 180 days to pay. Everything they bought I charged an extra 10% fuel surcharge.

Back to the insurance beef, I had to visit the ER at Connolly Memorial in Floresville a few weeks ago when I tore my bicep tendon. Before I was admitted they hit me for 200.00. I paid but told the lady that is nuts and she said yes and you will be here at least 3 hours, we make sure of that.

Comment

Sounds like a hospital rip off to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X