No announcement yet.

No more Dez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Dez was pretty good considering last 2 years not getting the ball to him consistently. Look at Dak's accuracy. Red Jesus just doesn't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
      I think Dez was pretty good considering last 2 years not getting the ball to him consistently. Look at Dak's accuracy. Red Jesus just doesn't have it.
      That may be it, i.e., the coaching. He and Linehan did a great job with the play calling with Dak in 2016. I wonder if they just got overconfident in his abilities in 2017 and with the play calling. That plus O-line turnover didn't do Dak any favors, that is for sure.

Comment

No more Dez

Yeah, I watched all the games too, he drops too many easy balls, he runs ****ty routs, he bitches constantly....and he wanted 15 mil to do it.

There is no question the gutless red wonder doesn't do anyone any favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-13-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Going to miss Dez. Dude was a monster in his prime and wide outs routinely play into their early 30’s and are still productive. Say what you will but his expression on the sidelines shows he cares. The dude loved the play in Dallas. I think he will go to San Fran and put up 75/1000/9 next year.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
            Going to miss Dez. Dude was a monster in his prime and wide outs routinely play into their early 30’s and are still productive. Say what you will but his expression on the sidelines shows he cares. The dude loved the play in Dallas. I think he will go to San Fran and put up 75/1000/9 next year.

If he cared that much, then he should have put that energy into improving his game. It's easy to yell and scream on the sidelines and act like you care...it's another animal to improve your game in the areas you're lacking.

Word is he was "gonna" go work with a route running enthusiast next month...but hasn't yet. REALLY? At 29 now he's going to address the worst part of his game? Why didn't he care enough before?
            Why doesn't he care enough to finish routes?

Now he says he's super motivated to do whatever at whatever team he's going to for likely half the money....why didn't he care enough to be that motivated with the team he supposedly loved?

Because he's a fraud. He likes to yell and scream and call others out, and get on TV and look like he cares so much.....and cash checks. But he never cared enough to evolve as his skills declined

And you all fall for it...it's so incredibly contrived....and fake.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
              I think people would be surprised if they looked at the actual drops stats that the NFL tracks. The way it gets tossed around by various media outlets, you would think he dropped a lot more passes than he does.

Dez was also one of the recipients of the highest percentage of "uncatchable passes" last year and which no doubt also impacted his production.

I'm not saying he didn't have some drops, but he certainly can still catch the ball and score TD's and better than anyone else on the team.
              Uncatchable can be directly related to ****in up a route.

Comment

Gripe and moan and showboat on the sidelines. Whining they don't throw him the ball . They throw him the ball and he drops it . Meh ! Good riddance

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  If he cared that much, then he should have put that energy into improving his game. It's easy to yell and scream on the sidelines and act like you care...it's another animal to improve your game in the areas you're lacking.

Word is he was "gonna" go work with a route running enthusiast next month...but hasn't yet. REALLY? At 29 now he's going to address the worst part of his game? Why didn't he care enough before?
                  Why doesn't he care enough to finish routes?

Now he says he's super motivated to do whatever at whatever team he's going to for likely half the money....why didn't he care enough to be that motivated with the team he supposedly loved?

Because he's a fraud. He likes to yell and scream and call others out, and get on TV and look like he cares so much.....and cash checks. But he never cared enough to evolve as his skills declined

And you all fall for it...it's so incredibly contrived....and fake.

Where you saying these same things when he put up 16 TD's in 2014?

Comment

Where you saying these same things when he put up 16 TD's in 2014?

That's a really irrelevant question. We all know he was great when all he needed was his athleticism.

Did he care more then? Or just talk less?

Should he get 15 million next year to be the 20th best receiver because he was good 4 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      That's a really irrelevant question. We all know he was great when all he needed was his athleticism.

Did he care more then? Or just talk less?

Should he get 15 million next year to be the 20th best receiver because he was good 4 years ago?

Not really, you talk of him not evolving but he seemed to have ramped his game up after his rookie and sophomore year by adapting to the league. Never said they should have paid him, his release is what I expected and believe is the right move.

Let me ask you this, has Sammy Watkins proved a better NFL receiver? Was he worth the money he got paid this offseason? In reality, the 15 mil a year is high for what Dez brought to the table but not as far off as many think. Lots of teams have and would pay 10-12 mil/year for a guy that would put up numbers similar, although slightly better, than Dez.

It was the right move to release him but as I stated I think he will move on and have a good upcoming season. Wishing him the best...

Comment

Not really, you talk of him not evolving but he seemed to have ramped his game up after his rookie and sophomore year by adapting to the league.

Let me ask you this, has Sammy Watkins proved a better NFL receiver? Was he worth the money he got paid this offseason? In reality, the 15 mil a year is high for what Dez brought to the table but not as far off as many think. Lots of teams have and would pay 10-12 mil/year for a guy that would put up numbers similar, although slightly better, than Dez.

1st, that's what you're supposed to do as a young player, get better.

2nd, they over payed for Watkins and he'll likely be cut before that contract is up.

I would have payed 10-12 mil a year for someone more productive than Dez too! That's the point, he's not good enough to warrant that kind of money anymore. But he could be if he worked as much as he talked.

Comment

Dez is has not been performing to his demanding paygrade. That's it.

He was welcome and offered to stay at his paygrade. Declined (unofficial)

Cowboys could not trade him on his current contract because 31 other teams had no interest.

Dez should do fine, but he won't be a Cowboy at that price. This hurts the Cowboys more.

Comment

Was time to go. I have a feeling Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson will work harder than Dez ever did and be greatful. Dez's presence in the redzone is something else, how he can get up high and be physical- but it doesnt matter if we cant get there.

Anybody seen how fast Deonte is? I dont see many people talking about him, but I think he will have a big year, obviously hurns too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

The draft is probably a crossroads for this team. Witten is in the twilight of his career and is declining, Tyron Smith’s back is only going to get worse. They might be able to keep Lawrence one more year and then what? They won’t be able to sign Zeke AND Dak when their contracts are up. The time is now for this team, maybe 2-3 years tops and then it’ll be a turnover of the roster again. We aren’t going anywhere with Garrett as the coach, we don’t have the talent to override his shortcomings. Linehan is so predictable and our defense is vanilla too. I just don’t think this combination of coaches and players can even get to the second round of the playoffs. We have no speed at the wide receiver position to stretch the defense, Sean Lee is a beast but injury prone and we have a LB who is coming back from a catastrophic knee injury who was always playing a step behind the play last year because of it. Smh

Comment

Dez couldn't run routs, got to where he couldn't catch the ball, and when he did catch it, he fumbled it. Gave up on a lot of plays, and was a disease on the sideline with all his complaining. He was great for a few years, but time to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X