Joined the dark side.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined the dark side.

Just bought my first long bow. It's a Martin L-100 came with 10 wood arrows. Half with broader and half field tip. Wish me luck

Sweet! Traditional is like nothing else.

Comment

Only advice I have is this: practice practice practice. Welcome to the FUN side of archery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not the dark side. You've finally seen the light. This is the real deal. Your archery is fixing to be the worst experience you've ever had one day and the greatest the next. There is some great info in the stickies and some very helpful folks in this section. I'm not one of them.

Comment

I got very lucky this year and stuck a 140 inch 8 with my compound. After that I dint really want to kill another deer this year. Bought this bow and I can't wait to get in a tree. Been shooting out to 20 to scared to shoot past that.figured I got some missing in my future lol

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBowtech View Post
            I got very lucky this year and stuck a 140 inch 8 with my compound. After that I dint really want to kill another deer this year. Bought this bow and I can't wait to get in a tree. Been shooting out to 20 to scared to shoot past that.figured I got some missing in my future lol
            Another piece of advise... try and stick to inside 15 yds when hunting. You are going from throwing fastballs to offspeed curve balls. (Still got post season baseball on the brain.)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the advice swamp. Need all the help I can get

Comment

Good luck.

May the force be with you.

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

You are no longer on the dark side, you've just made it to the sunny side. As said above, keep practicing and concentrate on the shorter distances - 15 yds and less. Once 3-d season starts back up, attend some of the TBoT shoots. Try to find an experienced trad shooter in your area to shoot with. An experienced mentor can make it lots easier. Once you get some of the basics down, and develop some consistency make sure to tune your arrows to your bow.

Comment

You have not joined the dark side. You have seen the light and entered the realm. May an explosion of sunshine be with you! You will have more fun with traditional archery than you ever had with a compound. Nothing wrong with compounds but just pure fun and magic with traditional gear. Have fun with your new bow.

Comment

Working...
                      X