No announcement yet.

Fletching glue to seal a wound. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a surgeon one time tell me that the difference between surgical glue and super glue was about $25 a bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
      Who? Richard or Rick ??
      In the contex of this thread, Richard. But who knows what the future holds. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

We all have our "oh ****" moments.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

When I worked in the clinic we used it all the time to close lacerations etc. Called it "skin tight" and what's his name was right about 25-30 dollars a fraction of an oz vs store prices - hmmm Costs a lot to sterilize antobiotic chemicals that ecoli couldent live in - hmmm again - lol

Comment

I cut my right leg off one time and superglued it back on....

LOL, well almost. I was helping a friend cut trees off his house a couple of days after Katrina hit NO. We were just north of NO, across the lake. I cut a small twisted sapling and it grabbed the saw and swung it into my right thigh. The cut was to the bone and 7-8" long.

Nowhere to go so I cut the shredded tissue off clean, rinsed it out with 4-5 different things, and cleaned out the debris. I then superglued inside, waited 20 min and superglued the top side. Placed butterfly strips, bandaged, and back to work. It never even got a lil red, and healed with almost no scar.

Superglue is good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
              Man that super glue burns though.
              That's a bonus - Keeps you from passing out. Wakes you up quick!

I keep a tube of super glue in my emergency kit for exactly this reason.

Years ago, I was driving T-Posts in an area about 30 minutes and through a usually-dry / sometimes slightly wet creek bed away from civilization (weak to no cell phone coverage most of the time). I pulled the T-Post driver up too far and it came off the T-Post and directly into my forehead. After the stars stopped spinning and I got my feet back under me, I reached up and felt my head. Bleeding pretty good from a gash in my head - right at the hairline. Cleaned it up with some wet-wipes I had in the glove compartment, super-glued it shut, and went back to the T-Posts driving.

Good stuff.

All the best,
              Glenn

Comment

Well I have found out I am not the only one..............

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                  I cut my right leg off one time and superglued it back on....

LOL, well almost. I was helping a friend cut trees off his house a couple of days after Katrina hit NO. We were just north of NO, across the lake. I cut a small twisted sapling and it grabbed the saw and swung it into my right thigh. The cut was to the bone and 7-8" long.

Nowhere to go so I cut the shredded tissue off clean, rinsed it out with 4-5 different things, and cleaned out the debris. I then superglued inside, waited 20 min and superglued the top side. Placed butterfly strips, bandaged, and back to work. It never even got a lil red, and healed with almost no scar.

Superglue is good stuff.
                  LOL, that's not sealing a wound. That's self performed surgery.

Comment

Working...
                  X