No announcement yet.

2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they ran out of the waterfowl and general permits today...

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
      Well they ran out of the waterfowl and general permits today...
      Those went fast then. Last year it was day 2 before those were out

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        Those went fast then. Last year it was day 2 before those were out
        Only kidding, just wanted to liven up this thread a little. Not much being posted about it this year. Everyone is keeping it a secret.

Comment

Only kidding, just wanted to liven up this thread a little. Not much being posted about it this year. Everyone is keeping it a secret.
          As it should be

Got my waterfowl permit. Mine was #311

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
            As it should be

Got my waterfowl permit. Mine was #311
            hahaha ain't no deer, hogs, or waterfowl at grapevine anyway. I don't see why everyone wastes their time getting permits.

Comment

When I was there at 4 there were roughly half of the waterfowl permits still available.

Comment

No animals at the vine other than occasional meth cookers so don't waste y'all's time getting a permit

Comment

I have been lurking in the background here for about a year now. Went and applied for the draw about an hour ago. Tags issued are at the following numbers:

Waterfowl - 210
                  General hunting - 660
                  Deer draw - 470

Good luck to everyone this year, be safe.

-JC

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                    I have been lurking in the background here for about a year now. Went and applied for the draw about an hour ago. Tags issued are at the following numbers:

Waterfowl - 210
                    General hunting - 660
                    Deer draw - 470

Good luck to everyone this year, be safe.

-JC
                    The office has no idea how many of the permits are left for any of them or how many they have given out. They had 3 different guys handing out permits and they were all pulling from their own stack of permits. So they're handing out permits that aren't in order. I was like 74 on waterfowl and ultralite was probably 45 minutes behind me and was 311. There's no telling what is left.

Comment

The office has no idea how many of the permits are left for any of them or how many they have given out. They had 3 different guys handing out permits and they were all pulling from their own stack of permits. So they're handing out permits that aren't in order. I was like 74 on waterfowl and ultralite was probably 45 minutes behind me and was 311. There's no telling what is left.
                      that explains it...I thought we had a bunch of liars here

Comment

I'm gonna have to pass on the vine this year so someone else can go in my stead. We are gonna focus solely on the lease this year! Gonna tune it up. There's no animals out there anyway except a squirrel and a rabbit I saw last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With no telling how many permits were given out or any way to know, it's gona make hunting out there even more awesome. I got my son a youth deer permit, so il be out there w him chasing him down one early. If we see anything il let u guys know. I've never hunted it due to not being drawn.

Comment

No waterfowl permits when I went down this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                              No waterfowl permits when I went down this morning.
                              Looks like you will be stuck waterfowling with me then this year.

And dang it! I'ma gonna go this year . I'ma tired of buy-n my stamp and not using it.
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-12-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

If someone wants to go waterfowl during the week that knows where their going il gladly bring the transportation. I've got a full blown mud rig and dog, just never hunted gvine. I work close and get off around 4am every am during the week. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X