No announcement yet.

who all has beehives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't speak for Webb, but actually very few that go Africanized. If you work them on the right days and follow the golden rules you should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      I have 2 hives in oak trees about 50 yards apart. The problem with them is I want to replace the fence line and they are too close to be running a welder close to. One is 5 foot off ground and other is 15 foot. Both have been there for past 10 years. I was quoted 200 dollars for each hive to remove them....my father was a bee keeper he had all equipment to remove the honey but him at 88 years young he can't do it anymore. I was going to wait for very cold day then dump insecticide in hole in oak tree and seal them up ..Andy

Remember the Bee Movie. No bees, no flowers[emoji12]

Comment

I've got two in my back yard. Love me some honey.

Comment

Anyone want to remove this hive in my back yard? It's close to the size of my head...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-04-11 18.33.06.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	355.6 KB
ID:	24440006

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
            Can't speak for Webb, but actually very few that go Africanized. If you work them on the right days and follow the golden rules you should be ok.
            You know, as a kid growing up, I had a crusty old uncle that lived down in that brush, always referred to them as Spanish Bees, and said they just had a bad disposition. This was in 60's-70's.

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
              Anyone want to remove this hive in my back yard? It's close to the size of my head...

[ATTACH]785789[/ATTACH]
              How long has that been there?? It looks more like a swarm.

Comment

I will gladly give your a jar from my current hive in trade if they are too difficult
                They are in westwood at fm 2978 and 1488. Let me know if you want to come get them.

Comment

I have two top bar hives. Have not collected any honey from them yet, just getting started. For the others that have top bar hives how do you like them?

Comment

I have just started this. I have one hive and cant wait to get honey. So far its been fun dor me and my son. My dad is teaching us.

Comment

I do. I can try for tomorrow. Would prefer you to be there. When are you available? They may leave at any time, so tomorrow would be best.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                        I have two top bar hives. Have not collected any honey from them yet, just getting started. For the others that have top bar hives how do you like them?

I have had a top bar for a few years. Constant issues with bridging and difficult to extract comb without damage. It's been great to learn, but Lang hive is hard to beat for production.

Comment

I do. I can try for tomorrow. Would prefer you to be there. When are you available? They may leave at any time, so tomorrow would be best.
                          They have been there at least a month. Wednesday is probably the soonest I can get there. My son is sick, and my wife stayed home today and I'm staying home tomorrow with him.

Comment

Wednesday it is. Do you think a chainsaw is necessary?

Comment

I'm not sure. I haven't tried to get that close. I have one though if you dont. Hopefully it will start.

Comment

Wednesday it is. Do you think a chainsaw is necessary?
                                Live thread please!

Comment

Working...
                                X