Where to buy corn in Bulk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy corn in Bulk?

My buddy is looking to buy corn in bulk around the Georgetown, TX area. Academy and HEB are eating his lunch when it comes to corn prices. Anybody know of a cheaper place/way to buy it?

I would like to know of a place close to east houston as well.
    How much corn is minimum purchase as well?

Comment

tomkat, waller rice drier on 290 sells it bulk. THey are not in east houston but close.

Comment

call around to the local feed stores

Comment

Mann's in cleburne is 10.00 per hundred

Comment

Bigmike how clean is the bulk corn at Manns? I need to pick up about 8 tons, and will they deliver that much?

Comment

You are not going to find it cheap around Houston.....probalby 30-40% higher....call feed stores aorund where you are hunting....no sense loading and using gas/diesel to go down the highway unless it's really cheaper....

Comment

There is a guy in Jarrell that is $10 a 100 and there is a guy on the east side of Georgetown that I think is the same price. I dont have the numbers with me but I gave them to David (Huntindad) not long ago so maybe he still has them. If not I will be in Jarrell Saturday and will get the number again.

Comment

Glen-I too would be interested in giving someone in Jarrel or e.G-town my business. Thanx in advance for the effort/time to get their contact info.

Comment

Sticknstring - I think the second Craigslist post above is the Jarrell guy.

Comment

its not very clean , dont know how it would do in a feeder , i just feed by hand, it doesnt clog a grain scoop at all !

Comment

I was buying from a man in Taylor last year. I paid 6 dollors a fifty last year. Iam tryng to find his number and then I will post it. The corn was bagged but he did sell by the bulk also, The corn was very clean.

Comment

Taylor grain in taylor tx. It was 8 dollars and some change a few weeks ago.Called the other day and it was $10.20 a hundred.I'll be going next week to fill up.

Comment

BPS in Grapevine $5.99 per 40

Comment

Working...
                            X