No announcement yet.

Major Stockshows- season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got done with the Hays County Livestock Horse show Saturday. My daughter cleaned house in the Jr. speed events. Next stop is the San Antonio Livestock Show Youth Rodeo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sarah 3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	24526841

Name:	Sarah 4.jpg
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	24526842

Name:	buckle.jpg
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	24526843

Comment

Originally posted by pse3 View Post
      Going to San Angelo and Houston with the granddaughter to show
      Mini Herefords. It will be busy.
      when yall are in san angelo, will yall be showing in the youth or open? We might be out there with the kiddo.

Comment

Our county was last week. Son placed first in class but the drive didn't place. Getting ready for San Antonio barrow show and the Houston barrow show.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working them goats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

County goats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Being that I'm an animal chiropractor that does 90% stock show projects I have been covered up. Three county fairs this week plus heifers heading to Ft Worth. Our stock show is next week, then we are headed to Cowtown for the steer show the 29th. Ill be slicking my steers off this weekend and clipping my Ft. worth steer up next week. I will post pics, got two very nice slick steers. We had Reserve Champion Maine in SA last year, going to be hard to top that.

Comment

We don't do any "majors", but my youngest (Hannah) is showing her lamb in Hallettsville on Saturday, with sale on Monday. It's her second year to show.

Her lamb was a few pounds over max weight (unofficial) when we took it to have it sheared on Monday. We have been attempting to cut weight this week. We can weight it on the official scales this afternoon, so we'll know how close we are before official weigh-in tomorrow morning. Hopefully we don't have to resort to drastic measures to cut further! LOL!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Good luck to everyone kiddos at the shows that used to be some great times!!

Comment

Let’s bump this back up top. Goats and sheep moved in at Fort Worth yesterday. Market goats show Saturday and Sunday. We are going to go back up there Sunday to watch the goat show

Comment

We will be showing pigs. “3 C Show Pigs “

Comment

Daughter shows her pig at the county show in about a month and then hopefully taking it to Houston (light cross)

Comment

Well pigs move into Fort Worth today. Goats and sheep out yesterday. It is amazing how fast they clean those big barns. We spent all day yesterday watching the Junior Goat show and there were some great animals there. Congrats goes out to the kids on the hard work they put into their show projects. We are now two weeks out to goat move in at San Antonio. It is crunch time for our two goats going there.

Comment

We will be showing the following.
                            San Antone Breeding Gilt Yorkshire
                            Houston Dark wave Barrows
                            Maybe Austin..
                            South Texas State Fair Pigs
                            Chambers Co Pigs and Rabbits

Comment

Major Stockshows- season thread

Twerpy showed her goat at Fort Worth.

She didn’t make the cut. The class was crazy big (60-70 in the arena) and there was some stiff competition.

The plan is to hit a few jackpot shows between now, and the spring county show, which is the market sale.

She won a show earlier this season, and is really proud of that

She’s in the FFA calf scramble today. I took the day off, so I can take her. Should be fun!

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                              Last edited by Gummi Bear; 01-29-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                                Twerpy showed her goat at Fort Worth.

She didn’t make the cut. The class was crazy big (60-70 in the arena) and there was some stiff competition.

The plan is to hit a few jackpot shows between now, and the spring county show, which is the market sale.

She won a show earlier this season, and is really proud of that

She’s in the FFA calf scramble today. I took the day off, so I can take her. Should be fun!

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                                How did she do in calf scramble?

We leave Friday night/afternoon headed to San Antonio with 2 goats. Goats don’t move in until the following Tuesday but my daughter has a Horse Quiz Bowl event she is in on Monday. So I was not going to drive 5+ hours then drive back to get goats then back down with goats. Have a place to keep goats for Friday-Monday. Good times

Comment

Working...
                                X