No announcement yet.

Weight loss competition for 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whelp you might as well add me in as well. Although I'm only 200lbs I really need to get back down to 170. Too much bad food at the new desk job has packed on a lot of bad weight over the last 3-4 months. I'm tired easily, can't run more than a half mile without getting winded and look like **** naked..... too much around the gut to be attractive to anything other than a bear or a shark in the shallows.

God bless and happy hunting.
    Richard.

Comment

Alright, here is the first bit of information you need:

E-mail me at TBHLoser2018@gmail.com if you are interested in joining the weight loss challenge for this year. I will then e-mail you back with the PayPal account or mailing address to send your $20. Once I have your payment I will send you the website address and you can log on.

I have already given the basics of how this will work, but here it is again in more detail:

The competition will start on January 1 and we will leave registration open until January 15. There will be a separate website we will use which hopefully will be password protected. Everyone who enters will get access to the website, where we will have discussions and weigh-ins. On January 1, each person will be given the code for the initial weigh in. You will stand on a scale and take a picture showing your weight. On a piece of paper you can place on the ground next to the scale, you will write your name, the date, and the code word. For instance, if the word was "Apple" you would wirte:
      J. Smith
      01/01/2018
      Apple

Then place the paper next to the scale and take a picture of your scale/weight and the paper. It's all very easy and only takes a few seconds. Last time I bought a small dry erase board and used it over and over again.

We will have a weigh in each week on or around a certain day. Usually on a weekend since people can get up and do the picture taking at their leisure. There will be a window for posting pics and you will NOT be disqualified if you miss a week or two, assuming you let us know you aren't dropping out. This is a continuous competition until July 1, so you need to stay active during that time. If you disappear on week 2 then show back up in late June expecting to win, you'll be an unhappy camper. The idea is to provide a weekly motivation of weighing in, plus the forum can be used to ask questions and get more motivation as needed.

During the competition, I will post an occasional update here on TBH to announce the total weight lost among the group.

Again, this is open to all TBH folks and their family. The cost is $20 and it will run for 6 months, from January 1 through July 1. At the end of the competition, the entrance fees will be divided between the following:

1) Largest percentage of weight lost
      2) Most weight lost
      3) Second largest percentage of weight lost

Anyone who is not interested in competing but would like to donate items for weekly surprise drawings/motivations or for the final prizes, please let me know through the above e0-mail address or through my PM here on TBH.

Todd

Comment

Email sent

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post

E-mail me at TBHLoser2018@gmail.com if you are interested in joining the weight loss challenge for this year. I will then e-mail you back with the PayPal account or mailing address to send your $20. Once I have your payment I will send you the website address and you can log on.

I have already given the basics of how this will work, but here it is again in more detail:

The competition will start on January 1 and we will leave registration open until January 15. There will be a separate website we will use which hopefully will be password protected. Everyone who enters will get access to the website, where we will have discussions and weigh-ins. On January 1, each person will be given the code for the initial weigh in. You will stand on a scale and take a picture showing your weight. On a piece of paper you can place on the ground next to the scale, you will write your name, the date, and the code word. For instance, if the word was "Apple" you would wirte:
          J. Smith
          01/01/2018
          Apple

Then place the paper next to the scale and take a picture of your scale/weight and the paper. It's all very easy and only takes a few seconds. Last time I bought a small dry erase board and used it over and over again.

We will have a weigh in each week on or around a certain day. Usually on a weekend since people can get up and do the picture taking at their leisure. There will be a window for posting pics and you will NOT be disqualified if you miss a week or two, assuming you let us know you aren't dropping out. This is a continuous competition until July 1, so you need to stay active during that time. If you disappear on week 2 then show back up in late June expecting to win, you'll be an unhappy camper. The idea is to provide a weekly motivation of weighing in, plus the forum can be used to ask questions and get more motivation as needed.

During the competition, I will post an occasional update here on TBH to announce the total weight lost among the group.

Again, this is open to all TBH folks and their family. The cost is $20 and it will run for 6 months, from January 1 through July 1. At the end of the competition, the entrance fees will be divided between the following:

2) Most weight lost

Anyone who is not interested in competing but would like to donate items for weekly surprise drawings/motivations or for the final prizes, please let me know through the above e0-mail address or through my PM here on TBH.

Todd

How would you know that someone is not adding weight to the initial weigh in? Like holding dumbbells or wearing a weighted vest?

Cody

Comment

Originally posted by Cody903 View Post
            How would you know that someone is not adding weight to the initial weigh in? Like holding dumbbells or wearing a weighted vest?

Cody
            Unfortunately, if someone wants to game the system, they can usually find a way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

email sent

Comment

To the top

Last edited by BoneDigger; 12-27-2017, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I am trasvelling today and tomorrow for work. I will try to get to this the best I can but it may bae Saturday before I can do much. Feel free to continuew to send me e-mails at the e-mail address I listed above: TBHLoser2018@gmail.com. I will be responding as quickly as I can.

Comment

To the top

Comment

J. Smith
                      01/01/2018
                      Apple

2) Most weight lost

Todd
                      Email sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody903 View Post

Cody
                        Unfortunately, if someone wants to game the system, they can usually find a way.

I think a before photo helps. If you add a before pic taken from the front and a side view then have the winners do the after pic of the same. You won't be able to have an extra 20+ lbs on scale and photo to match.

Comment

I'm okay with that too.

Comment

How much of the entry fees will go to pay for the website that’s doing the competition? If it’s a free website that’s fine, but I think any charges held out of entries need to be told up front. Will it be a “percentage lost” category only? To me that’s the best to do.

Comment

I'm jumping the gun, but I lost about 3# when I went home for lunch.

Comment

In....

Comment

Working...
                                X