Illinois Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tex View Post
    If you've never seen a 170" eight point well you have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only he had a little mass...

Comment

good luck

Comment

Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
          If you've never seen a 170" eight point well you have now.

Holy Batman Robin

Comment

Good luck y’all!

Skinny

Comment

Well it's going to be a long night for me. I was fortunate enough to have this big boy come in on me this evening.

I'll give the full story later but we are leaving him lay for the night. Prayers for a recovery would be appreciated.

Comment

Oh man. Good luck

Comment

Good luck on the track!

Skinny

Comment

After getting set up and ranging several different lanes i realized that not only was there a green field directly behind me there was another off to my left at about 75 yards. Great funnel location but my wind was blowing directly to those trails. Oh well it's the rut and they can come from anywhere.
                    Not long after i got settled in i heard deer running in the field behind me. There was a tree blocking my view however and i never saw anything.
                    Right around 3:00 i heard a grunt coming from the field to my left. Again i knew my wind was blowing in that direction but what the heck. I gave a snort wheeze. Shortly after i could hear footsteps again but couldn't pinpoint the location. I stood up and started watching the field behind me.
                    A few seconds later i hear footsteps coming from the way that i should have been looking if i would have been sitting down. I look over my shoulder and see the biggest buck I've ever encountered. He stopped facing the stand at 15 yards.
                    He stood there for about a minute with my wind blowing right to him the entire time. He turned to his right and when he did i grabbed my bow and clipped on. He walked behind a tree and i came to full draw and rotated just enough to get my pins on him. I settled the top pin and touched it off.
                    It sounded like i hit a tree and he nuke kicked and ran about 25 yards and stopped. He was in some real thick brush but it seemed like he was wobbling.
                    He then made a mad dash across the green field and stopped right in the middle. Again he appeared to wobble. He continued walking to the left and i lost sight of him because of the brush.

I got down after a while and checked for my arrow and it was stuck in the dirt but not really coated like i would have liked. There was blood right there and i followed it to the opening. After dark we followed it to where i had last seen him but couldn't find any after that.
                    Part of me thinks maybe i hit him forward but the loud sound and complete pass through make me think i hit him right.
                    Regardless it's gonna be a long night. We will hunt in the morning and look for him after.
                    Here are some pics of my set up.

Comment

Good luck on recovery

Comment

Good luck on the track in morning

Comment

Good luck Sir. Sounds like a brute

Comment

Good luck to you

Comment

We are headed in. I'll be in the same stand as yesterday so not a lot of cell service. Plan is to hunt until 10 then search.

Comment

PS the guy we are hunting with saw the buck i shot earlier in the day and thinks he will field dress close to 300 lbs. the pics don't do him justice. He is a monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X