2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to Sandlin this afternoon
    Caught over a hundred small fish on my new brush piles before I got a hold of myself and moved out to standing timber for some better fish.
    I am like a kid when it comes to leaving biting fish no matter what size they are.
    20’ of water gray jig
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2F084D66-65D5-44DC-8711-9349FBA7D545.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	24578928

Name:	648E6005-2515-486B-89E8-E648FD958990.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	24578929

Name:	BE6ACC25-1826-4438-BB83-B7DE1EA2A3FC.jpeg
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	24578930

Name:	815A0A46-8580-4092-8E52-15AE8697B70C.jpeg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	24578931

Comment

anyone been fishin in toledo bend

are the crappie biting right now

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBradbery View Post
        What a night! A three man limit on Lake Conroe with bonuses. 75 crappie, 75 white bass, a hybrid and two bull bluegill. 153 total fish kept and that does not count all the small fish we threw back. I bet we caught close to 300 fish all together. Steve released his big hybrid and we didn't keep any of the dozens of yellow bass that were landed. Steve even boated a small channel cat. By the end of the trip we truly had trouble fitting the last fish into the ice chest. Had we kept that last hybrid I'm not sure the lid would have latched.

We are tired, sore and probably smell to high heaven but by golly it was FUN!

Heck of a day!!! I have trouble keeping up with 75 crappie! No way I could keep up with another species as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2019 Crappie thread!!

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
          Does dirty water current shut the crappie bite down on PeeStain like it does the bass bite? I was off today and decided with 3’ high water ripping through the lake I would just get some yard work done so I could go later.

More and more fish are moving out to the mainlake each day!! Holler!!

Put the boat on Murvaul for the first time yesterday. Though I was on cedar creek for a while with all the little black crappie but finally found what I'm looking for!!

Last edited by Slew; 04-27-2019, 04:39 AM.

Comment

My pond management people have told me I need to remove all bass under 14" and all crappie regardless of size in order to grow bigger bass.

The last three years I have given away 50-60#'s of crappie per year out of my pond.

I have a dozen or so far in the holding pen if anyone wants some.

Comment

We had a decent day but needed to replace a couple! Came in 3rd w 10.45. Had a 2.03 in the mix.

First time I've had my rig on Murvaul.

Comment

Had a limit on TB

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the fish fellers! Looking like my lakes levels are on the rise. May be a while before I can get back on them.

I swear Todd! Ever time I see that boy in a pic, he's a foot taller!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

My new boat should be here next month and I have been a little worried about transferring my way points to my new units. It dawned on me that I was going to keep the Garmin.
                    I hit the lake this morning with the intention of saving the best 24 spots to the Garmin.

The Crappie were on fire.
                    I put a limit in the boat in two hours and spent the rest of the morning saving waypoints.

I found one floating tree that was covered up with fish.
                    18’ of water with the fish about 6’ deep under the shade of the floater
                    All fish caught on a small gray jig

Give me a call if you are looking for a mess of fish.
                    I have Tuesday,and Thursday afternoon open then open again Sunday

Name:	6A33134D-8F4B-457B-B5A7-312517EC6BE4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	24579027

Name:	4CA159F4-78DB-4848-9CC5-E0A674EC63FB.jpeg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	24579028

Name:	08A5879B-8BE4-4FCF-A3FC-A4B96AAD627A.jpeg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	24579029

Name:	2A330826-3DB3-47D8-A56B-8CBD614F394E.jpeg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	24579030

Name:	43FE10E0-6652-4805-8168-A68B745BFA26.jpeg
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	24579031

Name:	CB970E67-E173-43CF-BB07-019B345C44E9.jpeg
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	24579032

Comment

Quit with the pictures Buff

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Buff, what kinda sled you get-n?

Comment

Fished an hour and a half today. Hit one tree in open water and a couple brushpiles and checked out an area I wanted to prefish but didn't and we clobbered em there of course! Had 11.5 pounds on my scale in maybe an hour?? Threw em all back today. I cleaned enough fish yesterday. Quick trip tomorrow and then work some and then fishing again Wednesday if the weather cooperates.

Comment

Wore them out at Rayburn the last two days after the splash was over.... mainlake brush piles with jigs.

Comment

Question for the experts. I have a garmin 93sv plus at the console and plan on another garmin plus at the bow. I'm adding upgrades each summer as I go so if yall were in my shoes would your next move be a spot lock trolling motor or livescope system?

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                                Question for the experts. I have a garmin 93sv plus at the console and plan on another garmin plus at the bow. I'm adding upgrades each summer as I go so if yall were in my shoes would your next move be a spot lock trolling motor or livescope system?
                                Does your graph have SI? If not I’d suggest one that has it, that’s the best tool for finding fish. If so I’d say a trolling motor.
                                Minkota ultrex is a game changer

Comment

Working...
                                X