2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff View Post
    We fished a little under the 21 bridge Saturday morning.
    Caught 6 or 8 crappie but the Sandbass were like a pack of wolves .
    They would swam through and hammer our jigs then be gone . 5 minutes later they would pass through again.
    Fun to catch but I don't like eating them.
    [ATTACH]954546[/ATTACH]
    I agree. I wish I could figure the dang crappie out on that lake. They have me mad enough I'm about to start catfishing instead

Comment

I keep saying I'm going back to Sandlin in the summer but never make it there! We've had some phenomenal days in the winter there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Great job Buff. Was on RC for 10 days it was tough lots of small males shallow couldn't find to many females. Weather was a big factor.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Go back to that lake in 2 months! We hammered em everywhere!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
          We were able to fill the ice chest on Saturday for a fish fry. Felt good to be out on the water chasing them again[emoji41]

Bridgeport? I'm headed there in August! Haven't been on that lake in 20 years and it was with a shotgun then! What's a good 7 fish stringer on that lake? That ones a wild card for me. No clue what a good stringer is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            Bridgeport? I'm headed there in August! Haven't been on that lake in 20 years and it was with a shotgun then! What's a good 7 fish stringer on that lake? That ones a wild card for me. No clue what a good stringer is there.

This was actually on Cedar Creek, my parents live on RC so we bounce between the 2 when we go down to visit. Bridgeport has some decent fish but they're not as plentiful as CC or Fork. Biggest I've ever pulled out of BP was 2.81 but that was probably 10 years ago.

Drop me a line around August and I'll fill you in on the bite....if there is one, the lake is usually really clear by then.
            Last edited by Moose; 04-23-2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Anyone know any good spots on Toledo bend

Comment

Yall are driving me absolutely bananas with the coolers and stringer full of those tasty fish. I didnt do well fishing the spawn this year from the bank. And my wife is tired of hearing me talk about buying a boat, maybe she will finally loan me back some of my money to get one

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  I agree. I wish I could figure the dang crappie out on that lake. They have me mad enough I'm about to start catfishing instead
                  I set out 6 brush piles hoping it will gather some fish for me

Comment

Went out to Coffee Mills yesterday had a pretty good day..Click image for larger version

Name:	COFFEE MILLS 19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	24576885

Click image for larger version

Name:	COFFEE MILLS 19 -2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	24576886

Comment

Little man has a baseball game this eve or we would be on Stine!

Comment

Nice fish gripper

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

What a night! A three man limit on Lake Conroe with bonuses. 75 crappie, 75 white bass, a hybrid and two bull bluegill. 153 total fish kept and that does not count all the small fish we threw back. I bet we caught close to 300 fish all together. Steve released his big hybrid and we didn't keep any of the dozens of yellow bass that were landed. Steve even boated a small channel cat. By the end of the trip we truly had trouble fitting the last fish into the ice chest. Had we kept that last hybrid I'm not sure the lid would have latched.

We are tired, sore and probably smell to high heaven but by golly it was FUN!

Comment

Sounds like a fantastic trip! Congrats

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                            Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Little man has a baseball game this eve or we would be on Stine!

Does dirty water current shut the crappie bite down on PeeStain like it does the bass bite? I was off today and decided with 3’ high water ripping through the lake I would just get some yard work done so I could go later.

Comment

Sounds like a great time Robin!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X