Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    All year long and Lyssy and Eckel.
    This ^^^^^^. I have always fed year round.

Comment

It’s really dry at our place in McCulloch county so I’ll fill feeders in the next couple of weeks.
      I haven’t killed a buck but I think its a good idea to give them a head start this year. We use L&E but Double Down has me curious. Might feed both.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        All year long and Lyssy and Eckel.
        yep, still have bucks hitting it in the daylight, with the hammers help!

Comment

Cottonseed will put the weight back on them after the rut but i don't think it's helps antler development. Feed CS until March then feed a 20% protein until the bucks come out of velvet. Long term continuious use of cottonseed could cause sterility in your bucks.

Comment

Start now feed year round as needed www.lindnerfeed.com

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
              Cottonseed will put the weight back on them after the rut but i don't think it's helps antler development. Feed CS until March then feed a 20% protein until the bucks come out of velvet. Long term continuious use of cottonseed could cause sterility in your bucks.
              Absolutely will help antler development. Best thing for antlers is good body condition. Also will not cause sterility in free range animals

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Start feeding as soon as you are done hunting for antlers this year. In other words if you already have taken you buck(s) for the year, go ahead and start now. If not, dont wait any longer than the end of the hunting season. The sooner the better and if you can go year round, do it. The bucks need all the help they can get to get back in shape before they lose their antlers. The healthier the bucks are when they drop, the bigger their antlers will be next year.
                Exactly, the body doesn't make horns until the body is recovered. The sooner the body has recovered the sooner and bigger the horns can become.

RD

Comment

Working...
                X