Clear All

Congrats! Looking Good!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

House is looking great
        Keep posting the progress

Comment

Any issues mounting the can lights on the tin? I am about to do that on my cabin and just thinking that the corrugated metal is going to have a hard time mounting to the flat surface of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            Any issues mounting the can lights on the tin? I am about to do that on my cabin and just thinking that the corrugated metal is going to have a hard time mounting to the flat surface of the light.
            I haven't put the finish lights in , right now they just have bulbs in there. It did line up good though I think once the finish light and rings are on there it will look fine. Cutting the holes in the right spots was fun though.

Comment

Ok got a lot done over the past two weekends! The tin that goes over all the outlets upstairs and the end wall wood is up! I was really dreading cutting out the outlet holes for 9 outlet holes upstairs but it turned out it wasn't as bad as I thought. I don't want to do it again but thank goodness it's done. Also this weekend my 16 year son and I started the 12 x 32 section of the back deck that will be covered also. I know $600 of lumber didn't go very far but we got the basic frame and layout done and it is level and almost perfectly square. Only off 1/8 of an inch corner too corner. That's as close as we could get it, should be fine though. This thing is really starting to look good. My wife has not seen the cabin except in pictures for about 6 months. Wednesday we are going to go out there so she can see it in person. We are all getting pretty excited as this thing is turning out nicer than we originally thought it would.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Got some more updates. We finally got a perfect day to burn the old run down cabin I have been wanting to burn down for 5 years. It was the biggest fire I have even seen but with it raining and everything completely soaked it was a perfect day to get rid of this eyesore. My son Justin walked up on a giant pig a shot him in the neck with a ar-10 at 30 yards! Got the back deck done just waiting on the metal roof. Also finished the floor and it turned out great! Also changed out all 5 of the windows to some awesome dual pane argon filled low e glass windows. Made a HUGE difference inside the cabin for noise and insulation! Little by little we are checking things off.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Heck, that deck turned out so well you should just screen it in for living space!!! Great build!

Comment

Wow. That is awesome!!!!! The back deck is a great view

Comment

Your check off list is getting smaller by the trip. Great looking place.

Rwc

Comment

Love this thread. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

That is greatness. Love seeing the progress.

Comment

Great job, it looks awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X