Buffalo/Zebra recipes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo/Zebra recipes???

I have a freezer full of buffalo and zebra meat and am needing some new recipes to try. Anyone have any good ones they would like to share?

Yes, but my recipes are carefully guarded secrets so you will need to come pick me up and I will cook for you

Comment

In all seriousness though, here is the website of one of our members (coachs wife) who has a ton of good recipes for wild game.

Comment

ive only had zebra steaks, but they were good. had some bison/ axis meatballs last night that were really good! no reason why you couldn't mix bison/ zebra. do you have ground meat, stew meat, steaks? meat loaf, tacos, spaghetti sauce. coaches wife has a lot of recipes I want to try, just aint had time.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          Yes, but my recipes are carefully guarded secrets so you will need to come pick me up and I will cook for you
          Deal!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
            ive only had zebra steaks, but they were good. had some bison/ axis meatballs last night that were really good! no reason why you couldn't mix bison/ zebra. do you have ground meat, stew meat, steaks? meat loaf, tacos, spaghetti sauce. coaches wife has a lot of recipes I want to try, just aint had time.
            I have a mixture of everything really. So far the zebra has had the best flavor I think. I'm dying to cook the backstraps but afraid they will come out tough.
            Definitely going to check out her website!

Comment

Originally posted by westTXgirl View Post
              I have a mixture of everything really. So far the zebra has had the best flavor I think. I'm dying to cook the backstraps but afraid they will come out tough.
              Definitely going to check out her website!
              I used this on my straps to make sure they are good and tender. Its basically 48 little tiny knives that work against a spring that you just punch all over the meat and it really does the trick.

Comment

You live square in the middle of the best muley country the state has, why are you eating wild prairie cattle and fancy horses?

Comment

I have a freezer full of buffalo and zebra meat and am needing some new recipes to try. Anyone have any good ones they would like to share?
                  Best idea would be send it to me.

Second best. Hit it with Tony's and throw it on the grill or in the cast iron with butter.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've heard Zebra was pretty good, I've never had any but might just have to put it on the bucket list

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      In all seriousness though, here is the website of one of our members (coachs wife) who has a ton of good recipes for wild game.

http://www.mywildkitchen.com/
                      Can't go wrong with any of the recipes on mywildkitchen.com. We've tried tons of them and they all are VERY good!

Comment

Thanks for the link on My Wild Kitchen

Comment

Had some "high hung" zebra in a restaurant in Namibia. Rotting doesn't even begin to describe it. Took one bite and kept it to myself. Then made everyone else try it, much to my enjoyment. So my recommendation on zebra is don't eat it rotten!

Comment

I cut my zebra into steaks and grilled it. Very good stuff

Comment

Thanks for all the great ideas! Ready to start eatin and make room for this next seasons harvest!!

Comment

Working...
                              X