No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck fellas...weather looks good in the next few weeks. I think we are going to do another week long trip 12/10-12/16 trying to get my buddy on his trophy or a good mgmt deer for us both......doe patrol too.

Comment

Anyone headed out this week? I think I'm going to head to the lease Saturday and hunt until Monday or Tuesday. I wish I could hunt the whole week coming up. Weather looks awesome

Comment

I'll be heading west Friday morning! Looking forward to some good weather. Most trips have been less than desirable.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          I'll be heading west Friday morning! Looking forward to some good weather. Most trips have been less than desirable.
          I'm headed out Thursday night. Weather is looking better and better. I hope the bucks are still running a little bit.

Good luck this weekend, Jack. Hollar one evening and we can grab a bite. It will just be my dad and I.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
            I'm headed out Thursday night. Weather is looking better and better. I hope the bucks are still running a little bit.

Good luck this weekend, Jack. Hollar one evening and we can grab a bite. It will just be my dad and I.
            Will do, sounds like a slim crowd at our place also.

Comment

As a bowhunter, I'd rather the bucks be done with the rut and back on feed....my feed more specifically.

Judging by my Covert pics, that's starting to happen. Hopefully by this Sunday, they are real hooooongry!

Comment

I have seen the same at the feeders but reports were that there was some real heavy chasing still at our place last weekend but it seemed to be around feed areas. I know a couple weeks ago we still had alot of mature doe with fawns that had'nt come in to heat yet. I think alot of the bucks are getting warn down so having to hit the feed hard then off and running again.

I hope it stays this way, I need to get bloody, I've been slacking.

Comment

Any of you guys hunt north of Fort McKavett? Pops is looking at buying a place there and wanted to see how the hunting was and generally the exotic population? Thanks.

Comment

We had a couple new bucks show up this past week. Hopefully they get on feed been pretty slow at feeders for mature bucks as it always is this time of year.

Comment

Heading to the Arden area on Saturday for about 3-4 days. Hopefully the deer are moving! The deer in my avatar was taken in Knickerbocker last year.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        We had a couple new bucks show up this past week. Hopefully they get on feed been pretty slow at feeders for mature bucks as it always is this time of year.
                        When they are running hard. I have had good luck road Corning a spot and setting up a tripod. Somewhere a buck could see a ways. Still a little tougher to get them to stop, but I've had good luck doing this in the past.

Comment

Wish me luck got a dog on the way

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            Heck yeah! Keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Good luck! Deer you seen before or new one show up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biggun View Post
                                Good luck! Deer you seen before or new one show up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My original target showed back up
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X