foley bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foley bows

i have never ran into anyone shooting one of his bows i ran into him at the lsba banquet a few years back and always find my self checking out his site..... he has some gorgeous bows.... has anyone shot one? opinions?

thanks

I purchased one of the youth bows for my nephew and he loves it and shoots it well. I borrowed a Foley recurve from a friend to use last year and really liked it. I have a few friends that all swear by the Foley bows. Ron Foley will be at Vanderpool (TBOT) and he will bring some to shoot. You can also schedule an appointment with him and go up to his shop and try some out. He is a member on here too so you could PM him.

If we have another get together up in this area hopefully my friends will be able to attend and they can bring their Foley bows. I think they have 6 between them and I have a couple of other friends that have them too.

Comment

I've never shot one myself but sure do want to. I like the lines on his bows.
      I've never seen a negative comment or a bad word about his bows.
      I'm hoping he has a both at the Fort Worth trad shoot this year so I can try a few out.

Comment

I shot several of his bows at vanderpool, all very smooth shooting.

Comment

I shoot a Foley 3-pc longbow and love it, it fits my hand just right and shots as good as it looks.

You're right, Ron does build some gorgerous bows with true custom options that allow you to build 'your' bow if you want.

Mine's Cocobola riser, dirty bamboo lams, axis antler tips...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ffhale 001.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	23872432

Name:	myfoley 005.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	23872433

Name:	myfoley 006.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	23872434

Name:	myfoley 008.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	23872435

Sexy and deadly...

Name:	pittsburglinks 029.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	23872436
          Last edited by tinman; 02-11-2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

i want that bow!!!! he sure makes a nice bow..... i think thats going to be my birthday present to myself

Comment

I have a close friend who shoots a Foley and after shooting his and some others, Ron is building mine as I write this. I am having a 3pc takedown recurve done with long bow limbs as well. Can't wait. The pressure will be on, the bow will look a lot better than I shoot.

Comment

Here are some pics of a Foley recurve (with the 'Wave' riser & dirty bamboo limbs) that I found on TG a few months back while I was trying to decide what I wanted to get...

Name:	foley001wy8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	23872464

Name:	foley002mq1.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	23872465

Name:	foley003zm1.jpg
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	23872466

Comment

Look at his web site, Foley Custom Bows. He has pics of different styles, etc of recurves,long bows both one piece and take down. Classy stuff and he is a super nice guy. Mine is going to be a Bocote riser w/Marble wood wave with Bocote limbs w/axis horn tips.
                  Like a kid at Christmas, can't wait.

Comment

i imagine you cant...... if you dont mind me asking whats his turn around right now.....

Comment

Originally posted by tinman View Post
                      I shoot a Foley 3-pc longbow and love it, it fits my hand just right and shots as good as it looks.

You're right, Ron does build some gorgerous bows with true custom options that allow you to build 'your' bow if you want.

Mine's Cocobola riser, dirty bamboo lams, axis antler tips...

[ATTACH]80067[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80068[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80069[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80070[/ATTACH]

Sexy and deadly...

[ATTACH]80071[/ATTACH]
                      I love that dirty boo! great looking bow, yes i have one of his bows and love it!

Comment

Man thats some good lookin dirty boo. I'm havin a hard time gettin that sfuff now. Dang

Comment

I shoot a Foley takedown recurve and its the best shooting bow I have shot. Rons bows fit your hand perfect and are smooth to draw and release. Not to mention Ron and his wife are the nicest folks you can find, I first met them at the Memphis TBoT shoot and I knew I had to have one of his bows.

Comment

Ron is a good friend of mine. I have one of his recurves and he is building me a 3pc longbow. You cant go wrong with one of his bows. Call him and talk to him, he is a great guy.

Comment

jreyna, I sent my deposit last Sept and saw him mid January to pick wood, etc. I should get my bow by the end of the month. Its a long time, but worth the wait. Like has been said he is one of the nicest people you will ever work with and a real craftsman. He builds all of his bows himself. I will try to get pics of mine posted. Give him a call as far as time now.

Comment

Working...
                              X