License question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License question?

Gonna go do some Varmint hunting tonight and taking my buddy who doesn’t hunt very much. He asked if he needed a license and I immediately said yes. Then he sent me this. I had no idea about this “change”. Do you really not need a license for Varmint hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Answered my own question.

Comment

Buy a license. The possible fine would be much more than the price of a license

Comment

^^^ this X2. Do a little bit of CYA man. (Cover Your @ss) better to get it and not need it than need it and get slapped with a hefty fine ha

Comment

Are the coyotes you will be hunting attacking or about to attack your livestock? If not, the buy the license.

Comment

Honestly he doesn't. We have family come from Georgia every year and hunt hogs, coyotes, etc. Coyotes are however a problem here with our cattle. Hogs tear up pasture and plots

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
              Answered my own question.

LOL...The "Coyotes imminently attacking a calf" could be somewhat argumentative, but I don't think there's ever a moment when the hogs aren't bulldozing them minerals!! :P

Comment

I would definitely recommend getting the license

Comment

Ya. The coyotes have killed some animals out there, but would still rather him get the license. He bought one online already so we’re good to go. Hoping to lay down some stuff tonight. Will be my first outing with the x-sight ii.

Comment

I hear people all the time say they don’t need a license to hunt hog cause they tear up the land. While them tearing up the land may be true, I’d find it hard to convince a warden when they’re setting up over a feeder.

A license isn’t near the cost of a fine.

Comment

My thoughts are if your going to play the card that coyotes are attacking livestock you better have documentation in the form of reported incidents, same with pigs. Buy the hunting licenses.

Comment

Better safe than sorry :-)

Comment

From the TP&W site

Exotic Animals and Fowl
                          An exotic animal is any animal that is not indigenous to Texas, including but not limited to feral hog, Russian boar, aoudad sheep, axis deer, elk, sika deer, fallow deer, red deer, and blackbuck and nilgai antelope. An exotic fowl is any avian species that is not indigenous to this state, including ratites (emu, ostrich, rhea, cassowary, etc.).
                          There are no state bag or possession limits or closed seasons on exotic animals or fowl on private property. It is against the law to:
                          Hunt an exotic without a valid hunting license.
                          Hunt an exotic on a public road or right-of-way.
                          Hunt an exotic without the landowner's permission.
                          Possess an exotic or the carcass of an exotic without the owner's consent.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                            From the TP&W site

Exotic Animals and Fowl
                            An exotic animal is any animal that is not indigenous to Texas, including but not limited to feral hog, Russian boar, aoudad sheep, axis deer, elk, sika deer, fallow deer, red deer, and blackbuck and nilgai antelope. An exotic fowl is any avian species that is not indigenous to this state, including ratites (emu, ostrich, rhea, cassowary, etc.).
                            There are no state bag or possession limits or closed seasons on exotic animals or fowl on private property. It is against the law to:
                            Hunt an exotic without a valid hunting license.
                            Hunt an exotic on a public road or right-of-way.
                            Hunt an exotic without the landowner's permission.
                            Possess an exotic or the carcass of an exotic without the owner's consent.
                            lol coyotes are far from exotic

Comment

1) call/ask the game warden...super friendly field judges
                              2) none of those websites url was tpwd...tpwd black and white dictates

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X