No announcement yet.

Val Verde County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm headed out there this afternoon. I won't make it in time to hunt this evening, but will be in the stand tomorrow morning for sure. Hopefully this approaching cold front will have them up and moving. I'm down to killing culls, which won't be hard because they're everywhere. Maybe the change in weather will get the pigs up and moving as well. I need to take several of them down.

Comment

Originally posted by jheflinland View Post
      We haven’t got a booster yet. Waiting until I get deposits gathered up from everyone for next year.

You have to use the panels with the 4x4 inch squares. They call them utility panels, and they come in 20 foot lengths. The first pens we built we bought the 48 inch tall ones, and found a couple dead deer hung in them a few months after we set them up. We cut them down to 40 inches and have had no problems since. I have also used the 36 inch tall panels and a select few of the most “athletic” goats can jump them. From now on I will buy 48 inch panels and cut them down to 40 inches.

I bought all my panels from Triple C Hardware in Ozona. I think they were around $40 each.

Minimum of 7 panels and 14 t-posts per pen. I would prefer to have about 10 panels per pen but we have done everything on a budget. I pick spots where I can drive t-posts pretty deep before setting anything up any more. Some areas where we can’t drive t-posts we have used barrels filled with rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks. That's the kind of information I was looking for. It's too much work and money to do it wrong. Dang goats.

Have you tried a hammer drill to make a pilot hole for t posts when they are in rock?

When you use a barrel full of rocks , where do you find rocks. Lol. I think when God made val verde county He started with one big rock then piled all the extra rocks in Texas on top of it.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Closing weekend guys! Who's headed out? Me and the cousin are on our way now. Should be at the lease by 0930

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
            Good luck.
            Thanks man. You gonna make it out

Comment

Nope. Got a wedding. Gonna go the last weekend of spike and doe.

I bet y'all see some big ones back at the feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                Nope. Got a wedding. Gonna go the last weekend of spike and doe.

I bet y'all see some big ones back at the feeders.
                We hope so!

Comment

I'm headed out Saturday, but not to hunt. I gotta bring back my SXS to have the steering repaired. The rack and pinion broke and I can't turn right! nothing but NASCAR...left turn, left turn, left turn. I was there last weekend and that really screwed my hunt up. I'm hoping to go back during spike/doe season if he gets it repaired soon enough.

Comment

What kind of bow blind set ups do y'all use out there?

Comment

Originally posted by matchejm View Post
                      I built a 3'platform and put a bow blind up
                      Furthest shot is 32yards

Comment

Originally posted by matchejm View Post
                        I'll take a pic and send it to you

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Tank end bought of TBH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's neat

Comment

That's a good looking blind

Comment