Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking About Coming off the Rage, What head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
    Honestly man I think you'll lose more deer switching to fixed and risk getting crappy blood trails. If u don't hit them good idk that a fixed blade will make much difference. I've had nothing but good luck with rages and the killzones are good too. If you're dead set on fixed maybe try the Magnus black Hornet serrazor or ramcats

Lol...this is funny

Comment

I have shot the Magnus stinger 125 gr. 2 blade for about six or seven years. I have had a pass through on every single animal with superb blood.

Comment

If you read DR Ashby's study he recommends single bevel 2 blade broadheads for bone.

I use Magnus Stingers.
        I'd love to get some German Kinetics. They're a tad pricey for me.

Comment

Definitely the Ramcat...Smoked a nice 10 this weekend with one and the blood trail looked like someone was walking around with a water hose.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            If you read DR Ashby's study he recommends single bevel 2 blade broadheads for bone.

I use Magnus Stingers.
            I'd love to get some German Kinetics. They're a tad pricey for me.
            I went to the magnus stinger 2-blades after less than optimal results tinkering with all sorts of heads. Mechanical, 3-blade, 4-blade, etc. I tried so many brands and models it was stupid. Finally landed on the cut on impact 2-blade simplicity of the stinger and never looked back. Last year i shot a 300 lbs aoudad ram with a quartering away shot, the arrow passed through and broke the far shoulder. I had already changed to the stinger when I learned of Dr. Ashby's study and from years of experience I can honestly say his findings on 2-blade heads and arrow weight are legit.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
              If you shoot them in the shoulder, I don't think the broadhead makes a whole lot of difference. Maybe stay with the same broadhead and practice more???
              There is one in every crowd. I shoot to 100 yards on a regular basis, and I have shot many deer through the heart and lungs.

Comment

I've been using the G5 montec carbon steel because they are super easy to resharpen. I like these because I can shoot hogs all day and just resharpen them and not lose any money. They get amazing pass through.

They don't leave a great blood trail, but even poorly hit hogs pile up in 50 yards.. Well hit hogs i've had drop in 10 yards. The pass through part is what I love though. I use to use slick tricks and would sometimes not get a pass through on big hogs.. OFC end up with broken arrows and lost heads costing $$$$

Still have yet to take a deer with one though.

Comment

Not making this personal. Don't change just because of a bad shot. It is not the broadheads fault.
                  Rage Hypodermic
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 buck #4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	24522318

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post

I will add that I shoot plenty but I am no bow Guru so I need something that flies like my field tips. I tried GrizzTricks couple years ago out of a different bow and couldn't get them to fly well passed twenty-five yards. I have never shot a deer further than 50 yards but I practice out to 100 and to be confident in the head would like them to fly like my field tips at least out to 60 yards.

I am.
                    I use Slick Tricks and had similar thing happening to me, but it was after 30, and I rarely shoot that far so it wasn't much of an issue. I dropped my poundage 5#s and groups really tightend up. Dropping weight was more due to shoulder issue, but end result was better arrow flight. Not sure if it was arrow spine, my form, or something else but there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
                      Not making this personal. Don't change just because of a bad shot. It is not the broadheads fault.
                      Rage Hypodermic
                      [ATTACH]886517[/ATTACH]
                      I still need a fixed blade for my axis hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                        I still need a fixed blade for my axis hunt.
                        Go with a 2 blade for them. Their vitals are farther forward so you need to aim at the shoulder or at least a lot tighter to it. I shot a bull at 40 yards with solid 100gr and it went through both shoulders no problem. Same arrows as you cut the same length but I shoot a Mathews Heli-m. So your setup is faster therefore you shoud have even better results. Oh and blood trail was pretty dang good with that bh as well. Shot a doe also and she bled like crazy. Bull didnt go far enough to need to blood trail.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Stinger or buzzcut's

Comment

Viper Trick

Comment

I had used the Thunderheads, but quality seems to be going down hill, OR I am not getting real NAP blades?? The last pack I bought the replacement blades had flat spots, and were not straight. Obviously flight was terrible due to bad blades.
                              I left that and went to the Grim Reaper Carnifour. No more swapping for me.
                              I will say most of the people i hunt around use Slick Trix with Great results. Never much blood trail, but they penetrate deep and put in the right spot, nothing goes far.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                                I have killed elk at 73 yards I shoot good at 80. They don't plane like most 2 blade heads

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                Where do you buy yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X