Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HansETX View Post
    I wanted to share this video with my friends here in this forum. I post alot of hog hunting videos and a few days ago I had either a Mountain Lion, Cougar, or some type of Panther show up during one of my late night hog hunts. This has been a little secret of mine that I haven't shared with many people, mostly because I didn't want people around here in East Texas to think I was crazy, but I've had a Mountain Lion/Big Cat either living or hunting 100 yards from my front door for the past 8 months. In the past he's always eluded the opportunity for me to take a clean shot...until he showed up for the last time during the middle of hog hunt. From the video you'll see him amazingly jump 7 or 8 feet in the air after taking a shot to the front right shoulder. Be careful out in those fields chasing hogs guys, you never know what you might run into..

https://youtu.be/JiMvNtjIUSc
    Horrible thermal lol. Can't see shet!

Comment

What thermal was that?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I know!! Wish that I had someone with dogs. I'm using a Ar-15 .223
        That is a bit undersized for cougars! Probably does the job on most hogs though....[emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
          What thermal was that?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Judging from the image I'd guess the armasight predator.

Comment

anyone hear something new on suppressors having a slightly shorter wait time because of a new system/database?

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
              Judging from the image I'd guess the armasight predator.

Good guess! It's the armasight predator 336, it does the job pretty well but in the high humidity it definitely makes in more fuzzy...

Comment

Good guess! It's the armasight predator 336, it does the job pretty well but in the high humidity it definitely makes in more fuzzy...

Yup I’ve used a few. Humidity hurts thermal pretty bad. They do good for their price point for sure!

Comment

Question for y'all...sorry I didn't read every page on the thread so if my question has been asked before, I apologize in advance!

I just bought a Ruger American .300 BLK. I have already ordered a suppressor. I want to use it for shooting critters at night. Shots will be well under 100 yards and most under 50 yards. I have done a little research on night vision vs. thermal scopes vs. a red dot sight and light and I'm just overwhelmed by the options.
                  Say your budget is $1000. What would you get?

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                    Question for y'all...sorry I didn't read every page on the thread so if my question has been asked before, I apologize in advance!

I just bought a Ruger American .300 BLK. I have already ordered a suppressor. I want to use it for shooting critters at night. Shots will be well under 100 yards and most under 50 yards. I have done a little research on night vision vs. thermal scopes vs. a red dot sight and light and I'm just overwhelmed by the options.
                    You didn't say what critters but if I were you I'd save $2K instead and get the Pulsar Core RXQ30V.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      You didn't say what critters but if I were you I'd save $2K instead and get the Pulsar Core RXQ30V.

Flir PTS223 is a better buy in my opinion. But yeah. Save a little more. That flir is like $1800.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Tell me what ammo you use exactly? Send link if possible.

I have more run off then I would like with my 300 BO. I am running 125 grain Sierra reloads I believe
                        PM sent gingib

Comment

Flir PTS223 is a better buy in my opinion.
                          Today?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            Today?

If the PTS is available then yeah. Thought it was?

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post

Honestly I would save until you get $2000-2500. You will notice a big jump in quality at that price point.

$1000 you will get the bottom of the barrel. I have been down that road and upgraded each time lol. When you see what you can save for, you will want to sell it

I would NOT buy a red light/red dot for that price point.

Save for a thermal...Or possibly a nice NV

Comment

If the PTS is available then yeah. Thought it was?
                                It's available for pre-sale but isn't shipping yet. Soon though I hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X