Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
    Yep this man speaks the Truth...I have hunted 30 miles east of Sonora since 2001..You will not get an idea of the quality of bucks that are on your lease till the week of Thanksgiving thru Dec 10..They really hit it hard during this time and you will continually see New Bucks, and Bucks that travel during the day (all-day)..Plan to take some Vacation time during these weeks because it really gets quiet during the middle of the week and they will move all-day...Good Luck
    Noted. Thanks.

We are south of town about 25 miles. I still have to go check the place out for myself but have a spot reserved until we are allowed to check the place out. I believe it is part of the Whitehead Ranch if that rings any bells.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
      For first timers in Sonora area just a word of caution is to be patient. You will see good bucks prob every time you sit in the blind. I've hunted Sonora for 15 years and I learned my lesson the first year is to be patient and it paid off. The good bucks never moved good until first week of December for as long as I can remember.
      As mentioned, this is a great rule of thumb. Our place is 30 mi south of Sonora. We see our bigger bucks very early in bow season and very late into Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
        As mentioned, this is a great rule of thumb. Our place is 30 mi south of Sonora. We see our bigger bucks very early in bow season and very late into Dec.
        Sounds like we may be pretty close. I will let you know when I head that way to look at the lease. Maybe we can meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite13 View Post
          We just got on a place called the T4 ranch 30 miles south of Sonora. There are some axis. Any other exotics we should be looking for?
          Do you turn down by the large Phillip 66 sign?

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
          Noted. Thanks.

We are south of town about 25 miles. I still have to go check the place out for myself but have a spot reserved until we are allowed to check the place out. I believe it is part of the Whitehead Ranch if that rings any bells.
          I'm surrounded by a few Whiteheads. Do you know the land owners first name?

Looks like we have a couple of new TBHers' close by.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
            Do you turn down by the large Phillip 66 sign?

I'm surrounded by a few Whiteheads. Do you know the land owners first name?

Looks like we have a couple of new TBHers' close by.

I sure don't. I need to get more info on the place.

Comment

Yep this man speaks the Truth...I have hunted 30 miles east of Sonora since 2001..You will not get an idea of the quality of bucks that are on your lease till the week of Thanksgiving thru Dec 10..They really hit it hard during this time and you will continually see New Bucks, and Bucks that travel during the day (all-day)..Plan to take some Vacation time during these weeks because it really gets quiet during the middle of the week and they will move all-day...Good Luck
              Now I know when I'll be using my vacation :-) Thanks for the good info

Comment

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
                Now I know when I'll be using my vacation :-) Thanks for the good info
                No prob maybe if we are all down there the week of ,or after Thanksgiving we can meet up for lunch Mid-week, in Roosevelt (about 40west of Sonora) there is a awesome café/bar there or Sonora at the Mexican Buffet by the liquor store.

Comment

I am starting to really get the itch again after a 6 weeks away...Miss this view from my stand
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ya I've got the itch as well. Can't wait to get back up there at the end of the month and pull camera cards and see what all we got going on.

Comment

I think we are going either Next weekend (Feb 18) or the following (Feb 25th) depends on my sons college visit schedule

Comment

I think we are going either Next weekend (Feb 18) or the following (Feb 25th) depends on my sons college visit schedule

Does anyone deliver bulk corn protein in the area?

Comment

Rafter W in Sonora and Country Boys in Rocksprings

Comment

Is anyone around here in the MLD Program? I'm considering it but wondered about tag numbers for the area. I called the Biologist a few days ago and left a voicemail but she never called back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                              Rafter W in Sonora and Country Boys in Rocksprings
                              We were in Rafter W at the end of last month and told us they didn't do bulk, when they told me over the phone they did. But I was dealing with young kids so that could of been my issue. May not of understood what I was asking

Comment

Simon Brothers in Roosevelt does I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X