• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did yall get yall bass from?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      Where did yall get yall bass from?
      He got them from an old friend of a friend and I'm not sure who it was. I'll ask this weekend.

Comment

Good weekend out there with lots of fish caught and culled.

Biggest was 5lb 2 this weekend.

Took a bunch of pics of the new lake site as well
        Attached Files

Comment

Kids ripping lips
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome place you have built there... Congrats to you folks and keep the pics coming...

Comment

Pictures of progress on the new lake. This one is going to be real fun to fish in 5 years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170820_070951.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	24538100
              Nothing says progress like yellow iron

Name:	20170820_071548.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	24538101
              Long ridge line being built to create a man made tributary creek

Name:	20170820_112246.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	24538102
              Looking down one of the ridges and man made tributary

Name:	20170820_122933.jpg
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	24538103
              look from the **** when things were about half way through

Name:	20170820_123101-blur.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	24538104
              Little better detail without the panoramic

Name:	20171125_102134.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	24538105
              rock moving and fish house building crew. He Found a bunch of old sidewalk that was being removed and we were able to have it delivered to the lake site so we could stage it.

Name:	20171125_103215.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	24538106
              Precision fish house building. These are in depths from 5 feet to 20 feet.

Name:	20171126_120133.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	24538107
              Some idea of the topo and placement of the rock. There was a lot more to move.

Name:	20171126_120207.jpg
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	24538108
              Rock houses, laydowns on the dam, humps, and ridges.

Was able to get a bunch more pictures. I'll post them as I get them resized.

Comment

Is this your profession? Man, really cool stuff to get to work on, hobby or career.

Comment

This is really great. Been following this thread for a long time, and one day I'll get to try my luck at building one of these. Keep the pics and do's and don'ts, coming.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

DTRB! You live the good life. Missed this thread some how, but I'm all caught up now. Y'all make work look fun.

Comment

Looks like a great setup.

Comment

Just about quit my job to go help y’all stack rock! That looks like a blast

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                          Is this your profession? Man, really cool stuff to get to work on, hobby or career.
                          Wish it was. Wife calls it an addiction, we call it a passion. Just been lucky to find friends that enjoy the same things all of us here do.

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                          This is really great. Been following this thread for a long time, and one day I'll get to try my luck at building one of these. Keep the pics and do's and don'ts, coming.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                          Appreciate it. By no means an expert here. One thing we learned is take more pictures when you're building it. GPS tag that stuff you really don't want to forget.

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                          DTRB! You live the good life. Missed this thread some how, but I'm all caught up now. Y'all make work look fun.
                          Just modeling my life after the Stolle Brothers. Thanks Matt

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                          Looks like a great setup.
                          Appreciate it.

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                          Just about quit my job to go help y’all stack rock! That looks like a blast
                          Pay comes in the form of cold cans. If you pop enough cold ones while "working" you can almost make minimum wage. Almost.

Comment

Appreciate everyone following along. Fun to share. Here are a few more pics from the work over the last 8 months. Duck season got in our way for a big portion of that, but tried to play catch up this spring.

[ATTACH]905738[/ATTACH]
                            Moving rock.... moving rock... moving rock. If you're a large mouth bass or a bluegill we have a subdivision for you

[ATTACH]905739[/ATTACH]
                            Big stump on top of a mound with rock lining the edges down. Top of the stump should be 4' under water and 16'ish to the bottom. There's 3 of these all making a little triangle in this area.

[ATTACH]905740[/ATTACH]
                            Rock stacking crew and their vehicles. You can see the other two humps that form the triangle in the background. Goal here was to be able to be able to target a bunch of area from one boat. With different wind/sun situations in mind.

[ATTACH]905741[/ATTACH]
                            Looking up on of the man made tributaries.

[ATTACH]905742[/ATTACH]
                            Looking down the same area. Just to the left of where this ends is the triangle of humps. About 10' to the bottom from to the top of the ridge from where the pic was taken.

[ATTACH]905743[/ATTACH]
                            The humps and ridges just to the left of the outlet.

[ATTACH]905744[/ATTACH]
                            Looking across the deep end of the lake to more laydowns and ridges.

[ATTACH]905745[/ATTACH]
                            Deep water rocks. This is a little bit of an experiment no telling if it will work

[ATTACH]905746[/ATTACH]
                            Ridge dropping down into the deep water flat and the deep water rock line.

[ATTACH]905747[/ATTACH]
                            Rock lean-to after rock lean-to. This one is at the toe of the dam.

Comment

So awesome!!!! Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                                How is this pond doing? Mainly curious about the crawfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Sorry I missed this specific question. Crawfish seem to be doing well. Most fish caught and cleaned this spring had crawfish in their belly, and a crawdad crank bait has been money

Comment

Working...
                                X