• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hogs out at granger...small or big

Comment

Originally posted by wilcohunter View Post
      No hogs out at granger...small or big

Comment

Hello everyone!, just wandering , can you camp at granger wildlife areas? or just at the nearby parks?

Comment

BTW I mean hunting camp

Comment

Anyone up to hunt tomorrow morning?

Comment

izzy: Not sure what you mean by 'hunting camp'. You can camp (tent or RV) at one of four developed camping areas around the lake: Friendship Park, Willis Creek Park, Fox Park, or Taylor Park. Each of these offers a picnic shelters, water, fire pits, and restrooms. There is a primitive camping area across the river from gate 7 and the small boat launch ramp that offers: privacy. The primitive camping area is accessed either by small boat or by a noticeable hike in either from gate 9 (where SH 95 crosses the San Gabriel, or by hiking west from the parking area at the end of CR 496 (also called water plant road)

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                Thats awesome im new to public land and just trying to learn where to go and all. Thank you for the information. If anyone ever wants to head out to the woods im always up to go.
                Joey I am somewhat new to the hog hunting however one successful way of hunting basic 101 wind in ya face and walk slowly and pay attention as ya approach a thicket or a dead blow. As for where the hogs are at everywhere it is just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Comment

Joey a few of us are heading out there tomorrow morning.

Comment

What time? Im thinking of maybe going out right as the rain passes. See if I can't catch any rootin up

Comment

We will be at 7 at first light

Comment

I'll be there this afternoon until dark and early in the morning. Luckily we got a little more rain. I was out yesterday putting out some corn and the leaves had started to dry out a bit. It has been like walking on potato chips lately.

I have been to 7 and 6 about 5 times in the last week. Lots of sigh and I bumped a 200 lb. + pig out of the thick, just south of 6's upper parking area. Maybe 75 yards. Lesson learned, you don't have to be "deep" in the woods to score.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by PigAddiction View Post
                          I'll be there this afternoon until dark and early in the morning. Luckily we got a little more rain. I was out yesterday putting out some corn and the leaves had started to dry out a bit. It has been like walking on potato chips lately.

I have been to 7 and 6 about 5 times in the last week. Lots of sigh and I bumped a 200 lb. + pig out of the thick, just south of 6's upper parking area. Maybe 75 yards. Lesson learned, you don't have to be "deep" in the woods to score.

Good luck!
                          When I was loading to head home a few weeks ago at 7, I had a group of ~20 and a group of ~12 run RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD, about 100yards from the parking area. It was both, ironic, hilarious, and sad, LOL.

Comment

I hear ya, man. I now open that squeaky chain link gate as quietly as I can when I'm headed in.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                              I plan on meeting you guys there at 7am.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                                Havent got my map from parks and wildlife yet could I meet some one at like dutches

Comment

Working...
                                X