Critique my dog kennel plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice setup.

Those are some big kennels -- I would split them in half so you could leave blank spaces in between the dogs.

Dogs in heat need to be further away than a peter will reach.....dogs that don't like each other can be separated as well.

With a pack of lacy dogs, it's a constant shuffle at our place.....(this dog can't be next to this dog, this dog likes to be close to this dog, etc. )

The hallway area may also create a "conflict area" if you let two out at the same time. A crowded dog is an unhappy dog.

looking forward to seeing the final product

Comment

Looks nicer than anything I would build for a family pet outside. But thats just me.

Comment

I built mine three kennels on a 30" wide slab, 15 foot deep, 10 of that kennel. back of kennels open to individual 65" runs. Metal top over the entire slab.

use old style 6gauge chain link if at all possible. A lot of dogs can chew/rip a hole in 11 gauge chain link. Won't happen on 6 gauge.

If you do a run put predator wire along to bottom to deter digging.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
          On the clean up of waste I cut the top 1/3 of a piece of 6" PVC and ran it across the lowest side of my kennel for washing waste down to pipe that connects to drain. High end of 6" pipe I plumbed with a water vale that sprays the waste down to drain. At first I used the method you mentioned above by washing down then scooping and it got old real quick with 3 dogs. My new system is a breeze and nothing to pick up after washdown.
          This

Comment

Alright looks like I’m goin with the 3 dog setup. Changed locations on my property so I will slope from back to front with a built in sloped from right to left concrete trench on the front. Now gotta get roof, enclosure, and fencing lined out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update on kennel project. Almost done. Coming out really nice.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Nice set up

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Very nice!!
                      I need to build some myself on a little bit smaller scale.

Comment

Those look awesome.

Comment

Working...
                        X