Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to expand my options of units to hunt instead of the same area every time is all. I didnt know if the COE had GPS coordinates to the parking areas listed and maybe I wasnt looking in the right spot or what is all. Sorry Im my question qas taken as wanting people's hunting spots, not what I was asking at all

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've no known GPS points/data by Whiteny/Aquilla ACE to the parking areas. I've always known this project to offer maps only, to the public. And the maps change with the passage of time and resource offerings. Entrances to a unit change as well per maps. What may be here this year may be gone the next. Then back again the year after. So make sure your maps are current. Sometimes I've seen conflicting maps too, as to what area, or part of, is open/available, in the same year.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        I've no known GPS points/data by Whiteny/Aquilla ACE to the parking areas. I've always known this project to offer maps only, to the public. And the maps change with the passage of time and resource offerings. Entrances to a unit change as well per maps. What may be here this year may be gone the next. Then back again the year after. So make sure your maps are current. Sometimes I've seen conflicting maps too, as to what area, or part of, is open/available, in the same year.
        I could definitely see how that could change in time for sure. I remember the first year I hunted out there was 4 years ago when the lake was so full all the parks where closed and flooded

Comment

Heck years ago you could drive almost to the water on b2. People abused that so they fenced it off

Comment

Wasn't it the same way on B4 and H4 around Nolan?

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
              Heck years ago you could drive almost to the water on b2. People abused that so they fenced it off
              Think thats the 1 I was near when I went fishing this spring. Ya drive down a white rock road for several miles, pass Arnold Stone?

Comment

No, sounds like you went to the Nolan river ramp on the loop, H3/H4 area. The B zones are other side of the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  Wasn't it the same way on B4 and H4 around Nolan?

I don't know where you got almost Justin. Cause I did drive all the way to the water all the time. There wasn't a place on the lake at one time, that you couldn't.

It was nice to drive up to the water's edge, unload all my dequees and gear, then go park the truck under or behind some trees or bushes. Walk back to the dequees and gear, set up, and hunt right there. That old railroad tressel in what is now B2 and B3 was used to drive truck and trailer to the river where you could then launch a jonboat. There were cuts and ruts all over the place on those two. If you didn't have 4WD, you'd better hope it was dry in there.

The rest of the units were no different back then.

I remember when they put that concrete crossing in, in your pics of the hogs. That was part of a county road at one time. It ran all the way back around to Mesquite Creek. The original crossing got washed out. It was almost beside it, just a little south. But didn't have concrete. There was a gravel pit after you crossed the creek before all that went on. And another pit on the south side of Mesquite Creek. There is an old right-of-way that local proerty owners keep blocked off to reduce public access so they can have that part of the corps property to them selves. It's near the mouth of MC and runs between two houses. Otherwise, you got to go to Lakeside access to get in there (unless you know where the other access is ).
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-18-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Ah ok, gotcha...didnt quite go to the boat ramp,pulled off in a area that looked like ya could park there just a little before

Last edited by beararcher_84; 09-18-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
                      Ah ok, gotcha...didnt quite go to the boat ramp,pulled off in a area that looked like ya could park there just a little before

BA, that would be H4 you were at.

Just a FYI, The boat ramp used to be the devideing line between H3 and H4. Now, H4 extends further westward of the boat ramp (according to the most recent maps ).

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        BA, that would be H4 you were at.

Just a FYI, The boat ramp used to be the devideing line between H3 and H4. Now, H4 extends further westward of the boat ramp (according to the most recent maps ).
                        Is H4 the one thats really crowded and the Sherriff tows vehicals and walks up on people hunting to ask for their hunting license?

Comment

BA, that is one that I've never heard of. Someone must be pull-n your leg. But if your parked on the side of the road where it's really narrow, it's possible you could get towed. There are two parking areas right there near the entrance that you should be OK to park at. One is a little more walk to the gate than the other, which is right in front of it. Just don't block any gates as ACE will write a ticket and leave on your vehicle if you do.

Comment

As for crowded, I've never seen any of the units crowded, NOT!

They all gonna be crowded for the first few weeks no matter where you go.

Comment

Hummm...
                              Someone was telling me one of the units "along the river" was very crowded and that the sheriff was tow happy, so ya had to be careful where you park and that he checked everyones licenses

Comment

Don't mind that they check, have my permit, licenses, hunters ed card on me. Just thought it was odd for a sheriff asking for them and walking up on people

Comment

Working...
                                X