Which Tires For 3/4 Ton 4x4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Tires For 3/4 Ton 4x4?

It's time for new tires on my ram 2500. I am currently running nitto trail grapplers and got about 45,000 miles out of them. I have narrowed it down to nitto ridge grappler, toyo open country mt, and cooper stt pro's. Out of these 3 tires what do recommend? What mileage are you getting and what air pressure are y'all running on your 3/4 tons? I ran 60 front and 68 rear on my current tires. Thanks for any info, I'm looking to get new ones this weekend.

I had a Hemi 2500 4x4 and never got more than 45k out of two sets of 285 Goodyear duratracs and a set of Toyo ATs.

I always ran my tires 60-65.
    Last edited by BBReezen; 01-17-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

The best tires I ran on my 2500 were the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I got about 60k out of my first set. But I’m really good about rotating them also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Toyo. I never get good mileage out of Nitto Trail Grapplers. And they don't grab for $#!T.

Comment

For that size I would choose in this order.
          1.Cooper
          2. Toyo
          3. Nitto

Comment

These will be 295/70/18's.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              It's time for new tires on my ram 2500. I am currently running nitto trail grapplers and got about 45,000 miles out of them. I have narrowed it down to nitto ridge grappler, toyo open country mt, and cooper stt pro's. Out of these 3 tires what do recommend? What mileage are you getting and what air pressure are y'all running on your 3/4 tons? I ran 60 front and 68 rear on my current tires. Thanks for any info, I'm looking to get new ones this weekend.
              My brother is running the STT Pro's on his 2016 2500 but he's nowhere near sitting at stock size, I believe it's 37/13/18 though it could be 13.5 wide.

I'm not sure what size you're looking at but his size were only available in LR D, whereas my 1500 Ram running 295/70/18 (34.25-ish) was still available in the E rating, which is what I have.

His tires have around 20k on them and are around 1/2 worn, mine have about 14k and still look new. No doubt due to the weight difference in the truck. That said, both do well both on and off road and while they are louder than AT's, the noise isn't unbearable.

Only issue he's had is with his being LR D's is he has to run lower pressure so his TPMS sensor is triggered. If you're still running where the E range is available you shouldn't have that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                My brother is running the STT Pro's on his 2016 2500 but he's nowhere near sitting at stock size, I believe it's 37/13/18 though it could be 13.5 wide.

I'm not sure what size you're looking at but his size were only available in LR D, whereas my 1500 Ram running 295/70/18 (34.25-ish) was still available in the E rating, which is what I have.

His tires have around 20k on them and are around 1/2 worn, mine have about 14k and still look new. No doubt due to the weight difference in the truck. That said, both do well both on and off road and while they are louder than AT's, the noise isn't unbearable.

Only issue he's had is with his being LR D's is he has to run lower pressure so his TPMS sensor is triggered. If you're still running where the E range is available you shouldn't have that problem.
                Well my light stayed on with trail grapplers which are E rated. I'm not going to run 80 psi in th rear if I'm not towing heavy. I called nitto and they recommended running 60 front and 65 rear if I wasn't towing heavy for better wear.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  Well my light stayed on with trail grapplers which are E rated. I'm not going to run 80 psi in th rear if I'm not towing heavy. I called nitto and they recommended running 60 front and 65 rear if I wasn't towing heavy for better wear.
                  Pretty sure that's about what he's running in that size but if you're running the 295/70/18's you can probably run higher so it might not be an issue for you.

Comment

Currently I’m running the cooper stt pro with 62lbs of air. They are wearing pretty good I think I have right at 30k miles on them and still have about 1/2 tread life. They are kinda though is the only complaint I have.

Comment

Toyos 1000%!!!

Comment

Coopers or Michelin

3/4 tons and up eat the fancy name tires for breakfast. I had 2 sets if toyos, first set lasted longest. Then bfg and nittos. Last set was coopers figuring if they weren't gonna last longer than 40-50k why pay more?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever you do make sure the load index is correct for your towing capabilities of your truck. It’s more than E and F rated.

On the record, I think I’m going to go Toyo open country at 2 extreme when I get new tires.

Comment

Take a look at the Toyo R/T--me & a bunch of buddies are running them and all are super happy

Comment

I’ve got 5k miles on my Toyo RTs currently on my F-350. So far they’ve been very impressive. I’ve ran most tires out there, with the exceptions of the Ridge Grapplers. I go through 2-3 sets of tires every year. Unless an issue arises out of these I foreee the future will consists of only RTs on my 350, and BFG ATs on my 150” Silverado and 4Runner. The BFG just doesn’t hold up on heavier trucks from my experience, but does wonderful on the lighter vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X