No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time in my life I'm glad I'm not a long draw !

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
      For the first time in my life I'm glad I'm not a long draw !
      Haha me to

Comment

To see the foc my wife is getting with a 26" arrow is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          Ok I just got in from hunting. I open the ontarget program. All I put in is the Moxie bow at 68 lb. 32 in draw and Beamon ics speed arrow. With a 125 tip

I know there other inputs but I would think this is close. If what I have put in is correct

It shows to be .063 weak from a 340 spine. A 300 spine it still shows this to be .023 weak. So program is showing optimal spine is .2772. That is with a 125 gn head and 22 gn insert. Changing to a 50 gn insert it shows a .2682 spine

This is the program in hunting filter.

You can always make a weak arrow shoot. I'm not saying Brian is wrong. Maybe I'm doing the program wrong.

It's just a little more info before you spend your money
          I'm just testing these out.
          Looking at getting some Black Eagle Rampages in 250 spine

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            That looks like that all to be a tough arrow

Comment

Yes sir. I trying to figure out what/if there's a difference between the Rampage & Rampage LD.
              Do they take the Gold Tip scree in weights.

I was reading something somewhere about Barrell shaped arrows. I didn't bookmark it, nor do I remember where it was.

I just needed something to give my mind a break from the quest from my perfect arrow.

I'll pickup my quest after Christmas our later.

Comment

Yes sir. I trying to figure out what/if there's a difference between the Rampage & Rampage LD.
                Do they take the Gold Tip scree in weights.

I was reading something somewhere about Barrell shaped arrows. I didn't bookmark it, nor do I remember where it was.

I just needed something to give my mind a break from the quest from my perfect arrow.

I'll pickup my quest after Christmas our later.
                I understand the after Christmas. I'm broke. Need some more play money. And I thinking about a new bow to. Need to win the lotery or a rich relative to leave me money. I got a better chance of winning the lotery and I don't play

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                  I understand the after Christmas. I'm broke. Need some more play money. And I thinking about a new bow to. Need to win the lotery or a rich relative to leave me money. I got a better chance of winning the lotery and I don't play
                  I need to as well :-)

Comment

I'll let you know how these work out. I seem to recall that your draw weight is slightly less so you may be able to put more weight up front.

With the carbon-to-carbon measurement at 31.25", with a 100 grain brass insert and wearing a 100-grain point, my FOC should be in the neighborhood of 17-18% and the arrow, by the calculator, should be a little overspined.

If I need it, I can go up to a 175 grain point and not be underspined and push the FOC up around 20%.

My new "light" arrow configuration is going to be 550 grains. I'll see if I can fit a second sight tape on my slider to switch back and forth between FOC and whitetail arrows.
                    Last edited by JimboBurnsy; 11-17-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
                      I'll let you know how these work out. I seem to recall that your draw weight is slightly less so you may be able to put more weight up front.

With the carbon-to-carbon measurement at 31.25", with a 100 grain brass insert and wearing a 100-grain point, my FOC should be in the neighborhood of 17-18% and the arrow, by the calculator, should be a little overspined.

If I need it, I can go up to a 175 grain point and not be underspined and push the FOC up around 20%.

My new "light" arrow configuration is going to be 550 grains. I'll see if I can fit a second sight tape on my slider to switch back and forth between FOC and whitetail arrows.

That would be awesome!

Wouldn't 2 sight tapes be confusing?

I found Saturday after I bought those arrows my bow has the 31" modules. I thought it had the 32" modules.

Comment

Let me know if you get the 2 sight tapes to work out, I was thinking about doing something similar. I was just going to put marks on my sight tape for the whitetail arrows.

What kind of slider do you have? I have the MBG pure driven.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
                          Let me know if you get the 2 sight tapes to work out, I was thinking about doing something similar. I was just going to put marks on my sight tape for the whitetail arrows.

What kind of slider do you have? I have the MBG pure driven.
                          MBG Ascent Ambush. I played around with SFA a bit at lunch and I'm not sure how well that's going to work. Marking your tape may be more practical, precise and a much better use of time.

Comment

MBG Ascent Ambush. I played around with SFA a bit at lunch and I'm not sure how well that's going to work. Marking your tape may be more practical, precise and a much better use of time.
                            I thought so as well, but I didn't know if you came up with something I didn't come up with

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
                              I thought so as well, but I didn't know if you came up with something I didn't come up with

That's what Photoshop is for Print the tape to an image. Then edit in Photoshop and add a diff color marks or whatever. I scan the packages sight tapes, then use them as templates for my own that are exactly how I like them.

Comment

That's beyond me, but it sounds awesome. I'm definitely not tech savy. Especially photoshop, that's WAY to complicated for me. I feel like a fine tip sharpie would be much simpler

Comment

Working...
                                X