No announcement yet.

Pig Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs ripped my swivel up and rolled my pipe off. All I had left was 1/2 a swivel and my ring! I spent an hour today and didn't find a thing. I'll try again when things brown up.

Comment

They've been wearing mine out so far.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
        Hogs ripped my swivel up and rolled my pipe off. All I had left was 1/2 a swivel and my ring! I spent an hour today and didn't find a thing. I'll try again when things brown up.
        I have a swivel at both the auger that is in the ground and at the pipe.

Comment

I like the Idea But the Pigs around here must be Dumb they have yet to figured it out

Comment

I did have swivels at both ends. Must have been a good hog!

Comment

I have pics of my pipe set ups. i have changed a few details....I have made the chains shorter and added a second swivel. Also you need a bigger washer under the cap than what I have shown. 1 or 2 fender washers work great.
              When buying your swivels do NOT get the shiny ones as they are not that strong. Go to TSC and get the heavy duty ones with the dull finish. I used one of the cheaper ones on my first pipe and they busted it the first week it was out. The pipe is still MIA. They have yet to bust the ones from TSC.
              I also used a. 1-1/2" round pipe for my stakes.

This my first of 2 set ups. The pic of the pig with cow...that pig stayed on the pipe for over 7hrs this night and returned the next 3 nights for a minimum of 4hrs.

This is pipe #2
              Looking from the pipe down my shooting lane. My stand will be 65yds down the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by JCroft11 View Post
                Found this. Gives you a shopping list and step by step instructions. I'm going to make a few this weekend and set them out.

http://www.wildhoghunters.com/conten...-pig-pipe.html
                I loved the guy's comment about attaching a cow bell and then carrying one with him. Ring the dinner bell and here they come.

Originally posted by woody wood View Post
                [ATTACH]544528[/ATTACH]

Here's a pic of one we had set up. The pigs found it in a hurry. I drilled a hole through the cap, put a swivel on each end and used a cable instead of chain. The threaded end is on the far end. Didn't want the pigs to somehow unscrew the cap and push the pipe who-knows-where. I only put 2 holes in this one. Usually drops 2-3 kernels each time.
                Impressive.

So, you are saying a 5/8" hole is too big and maybe should use a 1/2" hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
                  Hmmmm,never heard of this. What's their purpose?
                  Originally posted by frazee3200 View Post
                  yes, tell us about this, never heard of it

You tie it to a tree or stake it out. Hogs roll it around and corn falls out the small holes you drilled in it. Just enough to not waste the corn but keep them entertained. The holes need to be big enough to allow kernels to fall out fairly easy or it doesn't work well.

You can also do the same with clear 2 liter bottles and crush them. These work for everything. Including deer and squirrels. They beat it around to try and rattle the corn out.

Comment

Hmmmm... Crop circle formations revealed?
                    Originally posted by woody wood View Post
                    [ATTACH]544528[/ATTACH]

Here's a pic of one we had set up. The pigs found it in a hurry. I drilled a hole through the cap, put a swivel on each end and used a cable instead of chain. The threaded end is on the far end. Didn't want the pigs to somehow unscrew the cap and push the pipe who-knows-where. I only put 2 holes in this one. Usually drops 2-3 kernels each time.

Comment

I would not use the dog leash style snap ring. They are way to weak for a pig pipe and will break in no time. I have started using the quick links. You dont have to worry about them breaking.

Comment

I have never heard of this but I have to build me a couple, thanks for the idea guys

Comment

Gotta try it.

Comment

Hoping to get back down after the FWSSR is over with and set up on this area.

Comment

I do need to get rid of this though.

Comment

Yes I have a few! They are great and keep the pigs there for a while one of my favorite things to use. I put jello powder in the corn to sweeten it up a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X