No announcement yet.

Granite Counter tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We purchased 6 slabs of granite after our home flooded that should be installed this week. 3 slabs are Blue Dunes (level 6) and 3 slabs are White Galaxy (level 4-5). Just the slabs of granite were $6,800 with contractor pricing. I still have to pay install on top of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
      Here is mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Looks like Lapidus

Comment

The pictures are all very pretty. We generally budget around $50/sq Ft for outdoor kitchens.

Comment

I just built an outdoor kitchen for a client. Original budget for granite I quoted at 14k. They decided on a black flake instead ( comes from Africa) price for six slabs was 36k plus 10k to cut, chip edge and install. Under most common choices of granite you would be looking at 55 to 110 per sq ft installed at 1 1/8"with a beveled, squared or round edge. We price per sq ft not linear ft on granite
          Last edited by clintb; 03-10-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post
            I just built an outdoor kitchen for a client. Original budget for granite I quoted at 14k. They decided on a black flake instead ( comes from Africa) price for six slabs was 36k plus 10k to cut, chip edge and install. Under most common choices of granite you would be looking at 55 to 110 per sq ft installed at 1 1/8"with a beveled, squared or round edge. We price per sq ft not linear ft on granite

Black colored granite outside seems like a nightmare. Seems like you would spend all your time cleaning it.

Comment

We just remodeled the kitchen in the house we just bought. We only had approximately 22 linear feet of countertops. With tear out, installation, materials, and undermount sink included, was just a hair over $1800 out the door for the granite. I think we went with a grade 2 or 3...I can't remember. We walked around their granite yard looking forever because there were so many choices. We went with a beveled edge.

Here's a pic of a section to see what the slab looked like...

Last edited by Pineywoods; 03-10-2018, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                Black colored granite outside seems like a nightmare. Seems like you would spend all your time cleaning it.

In west Texas, yes on cleaning it a lot. It also gets very hot if any of it is in the sun. I tried to talk them out of it but it is what they wanted and they were willing to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post
                  In west Texas, yes on cleaning it a lot. It also gets very hot if any of it is in the sun. I tried to talk them out of it but it is what they wanted and they were willing to pay for it.

For sure, I’m sure it looks great just a lot to deal with outside

Comment

How on earth are people using 6-8 slabs? You must be building mansions. My house with 3 vanities and a decent sized kitchen was a total of 3 slabs.

Comment

You can get it at floor and decor cut to size and shape for much less

Comment

My wife is out now looking at granite/quartz counter tops. Fortunately, we don't have a whole lot of counter space.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                          For sure, I’m sure it looks great just a lot to deal with outside

Ive got black granite on my outdoor kitchen in Weatherford and it is a pain

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                            How on earth are people using 6-8 slabs? You must be building mansions. My house with 3 vanities and a decent sized kitchen was a total of 3 slabs.

Not all slabs are the same size, and a lot depends on the shapes of all the pieces. A decent size island can take a half of a slab, and make the rest of the slab useless.

Comment

I’ve been working for a granite shop now for 10 years. Pretty much everything that has already been said is true. Prices do vary considerably as there are ALOT of variables. One thing that seems to ring true is that you get what you pay for. We get calls on a regular basis from people who went the cheap route and are now having issues. They call their granite guy only find he is unavailable.

I am amazed at what we find is acceptable from other companies.

Another thing most people don’t realize....just because you paid an astronomical amount for material does not mean it’s BETTER. Most exotics are expensive because of their remote or difficult quarry location as well the fact that most of them are extremely fragile material that just wants to fall apart. In those cases, quarries have to go above and beyond just to make sure slabs arrive to the yards in one piece.

Comment

Go to granite shop and look around. Sometimes they have some really sweet deals. The darker the granite the harder the granite is.

Comment

Working...
                                X