No announcement yet.

Bardominium Build Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay in updates. It's been a very busy past several months.

I've got a road in. My dirt man did a great job. Once I have house plans completed, I'll lay out my house pad and turn him loose on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck, following.

Comment

How much did the cliche set you back?

Comment

Nice

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
              How much did the cliche set you back?
              Yes, how much per ton?

Love the road, hate buying the rock.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dirt man???....you have a beast of a track loader....YOU ARE THE DIRTMAN!

How long have you had the SVL? Any feedback?...pros/cons?

Comment

Thanks for the compliments on the road. I'm very proud of it. I probably over-paid, but it's finished and I didn't have to do it on my time.

The SVL is a beast. I've pushed it and finally found a breaking point. I apparently pushed a hydraulic line off the pump and dumped all my oil. A trip to the kubota house and it was good to go again.

I ran the heck out of it for a month straight. I've learned that, though it's a powerful machine, it can't do everything I need. I'll be renting an excavator when I start construction.

Comment

I finally got around to getting my gated entrance underway. It's been a struggle this year to find time to work. I've gone back to teaching/coaching and don't have the same freedom to do things I had when I was solely running my AC business.

I used our 9" hole drilling rig. With all the rock out here, it's nice to have those carbide teeth!

Each post hole is about 4 feet deep. Getting the hole perfect isn't easy when you're constantly hitting rock layers. Fortunately, the rock layers I hit were pretty much flat beneath the surface and my drill didn't walk around too much.

The wide angle shot shows each of the posts I set (It's hard to see them all). The posts were cut at 9 feet in length. 4 feet in the ground and set with "maximizer" concrete mix. All in all, this part of the project went very smoothly.

I'm just waiting for spring break to get here so I can get out there and start welding railing in.

Comment

Looking good. Following for our future build.

Comment

nice

Comment

Looking good, very nice.

Comment

Has anyone taken and construction loan through first financial bank? I'm being told that I'll need to come up with 10% upfront in order to borrow (assuming a $250,000 loan).

Anyone have $25,000 I can have? I wish I had a couple million set back!

Comment

Working...
                                X