No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got nearly an inch and a quarter out at my place according to FarmLogs.

Comment

Look like we got a pretty good rain over the last couple of days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog40 View Post
        Look like we got a pretty good rain over the last couple of days

What part of the county are you located?

Comment

Just leaving Concan.. Lotsss of much needed rain!

Pic from yesterday. Muddy hogs

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to stack them up!
            We’ve got well over 3” and hopefully more on the way.

The season is getting close, do y’all want to roll with this thread or start a new ‘19/‘20 thread?

Comment

Keep the same threads going! Love the history

Comment

Edwards/Real Counties 2017/2018

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                What part of the county are you located?

West a few miles towards Sonora from Rocksprings

Comment

We got 6" in South Real county with more coming. Hopefully this helps the fawns survive and keeps them hidden from the yotes.

Comment

We’ve got a little over an inch so far. The heavier stuff skirted us. Looks like more is coming though. Would be nice to have some water in our caliche tank for the dove opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog40 View Post
                      West a few miles towards Sonora from Rocksprings

10-4. I wonder how much we got, we’re about 15 miles north of Rocksprings.

Comment

My rancher said they got 5-6” in campwood and they had 2.75” just west of barksdale as of yesterday with more today.

Comment

Farmlogs updated overnight. I’m showing 2.2 inches of rainfall since Friday just SW of Rocksprings with a chance for more today. Looked like the country from Del Rio to Camp Wood got a bunch. Also, this is the axis I killed back in July in case y’all missed it.

Comment

Nice Axis!!
                            Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
                            Farmlogs updated overnight. I’m showing 2.2 inches of rainfall since Friday just SW of Rocksprings with a chance for more today. Looked like the country from Del Rio to Camp Wood got a bunch. Also, this is the axis I killed back in July in case y’all missed it.

Comment

JMalin- I thought I heard you came back around in Turkey season and now see it’s true. Nice axis.

Comment

Went to my lease this past weekend. We got .7" of rain from that last spell that passed through, I can not recall what the date was but it was only one day. That puts us at around 9" for the year at my camp in NE Edwards.

We filled our protein feeders for the last time this year. We have put out approximately 12k LBS this year. It seems to me that we have better horns across the board this year. The body weights seem to be up quite a bit. I am excited to see what 2-4 more years of feeding will do for horn growth. I would really like to bring in some bred does with good genetics but I am not sure if that is going to be in the budget in the near future.

This might sound silly but I am going to go ahead and say it....... Does anyone have a porcupine problem? The past two years we have been covered up with porcupines and we can not seem to shoot them fast enough. We run hog dogs and it was not fun pulling out quills earlier in the year from three dogs so we have put a full court press on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X