Getting a little ssentimental here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a little ssentimental here

Not something I do much of in public but. In our later years my Dad and I have had many days hunting together and nights getting to know each other all over again. I always looked forward to the fall/winter season for that alone. About 5 years ago he quit hunting due to his age. He was 80 at the time. We still spent hunting season together as I hunted some family land near his home in Gatesville. He would still go to the stock pond during dove season and sit and watch the antics as the younger people tried to shoot doves. Last November I lost my dad to cancer. I thought it hit me pretty hard then but with dove season here and deer season coming up.....

This is what makes life so grand. Memories.

Cherish those times with him and take time in your life here on earth to make an impact on someone.

He blessed you with memories.

I'm sure he will be at every dove hunt watching you
    And the new hunters antics.

Comment

It's tough, I know. I lost my dad in April of 2011. We were able to spend some time sleeping in a box blind his last deer season. We have the good memories and the lessons they gave us. Now when deer season rolls around, I try to remember the good times and do what I can to pass those on to the upcoming generations.

Comment

I lost my father 10 years ago. Cherish those memories and make them for your children and grandchildren!

Comment

I lost my dad 9/4/2015. I terribly miss having him in the deer stand with me as the last 3-4 years he went with me a lot. I am also extremely thankful for those memories.

The last year we would load his portable oxygen tank in his pack. So thankful everyday he was willing to go even though it might not have been the most comfortable thing for him, I will cherish our time spent together and the conversations had for the rest of my life. I can't wait to share those experiences with my son.

Comment

Remember the good times with him.
            I lost my dad in 8 of 08 and I still think of him and the good times. I even found myself thinking " What would Dad do " while helping cleanup after hurricane Harvey.

Comment

My dads 81, rather than hunting 1st weekend of archery, headed back to Arkansas to take him fishing on Ouachita.

Comment

Its been 6 years and not a day goes by that I don't miss him but hunting season is by far the toughest time for me.

Comment

Working...
                X