No announcement yet.

Too high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing. Dang good shot, but he ducked. Hope you get another chance at him.

Comment

Agree with all the others it is high and if not for him dropping to run off he would be dead. I bet you will see him again and hopefully close the books on him when you do.

I have a buck on the wall from Mississippi that was backstrapped the year before with a 270 by a neighbor property owner less than 200 yards from where I killed him

Comment

I killed a doe two seasons back that I had shot high shoulder on a few weeks before. Nasty holes through the scapula. She was not even limping when she came back in. Only way I knew it was the same deer was do to the wound. I hated to leave her like that and happy I was the one to finish it.
        Stay after him. He may be back.

Comment

Originally posted by p_dot View Post
          I shot this deer last night and wanted y'alls opinion on weather or not the shot was too high? Gave him about 4 hrs last night before we started looking. Only found blood for about 20 yds after I last saw him. I think the only hope is that I got lucky and hit the opposite lung but it looks a lot like a void hit to me.[ATTACH]876238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]876239[/ATTACH]
          He's back. And it looks like he's still carrying the broadhead with him.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2688.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	24514917

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2689.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	24514918

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2691.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	24514919

Hard to believe it didn't catch the opposite lung.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how tuff these animals are

Comment

Just a piece of advice wait until his head is up. He looses the cantilever effect to drop fast, good luck getting him on round 2

Comment

Originally posted by p_dot View Post
                He's back. And it looks like he's still carrying the broadhead with him.

Hard to believe it didn't catch the opposite lung.
                Yep, looks like the broadhead is stuck in the "exit" side shoulder.

Much to high for lung on the other side, but an inch lower, and you might have got him.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
                  Just a piece of advice wait until his head is up. He looses the cantilever effect to drop fast, good luck getting him on round 2
                  Ahhhhh...thanks for the tip. Never thought about it like that, always thought head down eating was a good time to let it fly. Makes sense. Preciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                    Too high. Should show back up in a week or two
                    You nailed it....week and a half on return time.

Comment

Unfortunately it's happened to me a few times..
                      Last edited by Capt.Brown; 10-20-2017, 06:26 AM. Reason: Wrong wording

Comment

The tenacity and will to survive of wild animals never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                          Yep, that what we call "no mans land"! Ain't nuffin there that's gonna kill him!
                          I have seen a few deer killed that high up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Go get him again! Its amazing how these animals show back up as if nothing happened.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              Backstrapped him

No such thing as a void.
                              ^^^THIS^^^I bet he's still alive.

Comment

Well now that photo looks like you should have got the opposite lung or at least spined him. That's pretty wild. What kind of broadhead you shooting? If you have plenty of KE I'd try a bigger cut mechanical like a spitfire Maxx, as an insurance policy for shots like that. That's a head scratcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X