Money Box Trail Camera Enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money Box Trail Camera Enclosure

I looked around for a cheap metal box to mount a Wildgame Innovations IR2 trail camera in and after looking I thought about a Money Box. They are a little under $10.00 and as you can see they also have enought room to add a backup battery. I am gonna get a solar panel and add to it when I get to Harper this week. I tried it out and it does take a pretty good picture. I am thinking about just putting a couple of small lag screws thru the back and into a tree or secure it to a fence post in the feed pen. I put a piece of foam behind the camera to keep it from moving. It comes with a key to lock it and I got both of them with the same key number to make it easier on me. The other boxes i looked at were either too small or too much money. I took a cutoff tool and cut a slit in the lid and then used a recpricating saw with a metal blade to finish the cut. A little paint and its ready to go.
    Attached Files

sweet. nice job

Comment

cool

Comment

turned out good

Comment

Good idear there

Comment

How do you like that camera?

BP has them on sale the 20th for $50

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                How do you like that camera?

BP has them on sale the 20th for $50
                Yea the local Academy had them for 59 and I figured I would spend the difference in gas driving to Bass Pro and I wanted to put the cameras out since I was going to Harper. I really like the camera and might just use my points at Bass Pro to pick up another one or two. Here is a sample from this weekend that I thought was cool. One of the cameras took 450 pics and the other took 350 from Thursday evening till Tuesday morning. I pulled and replaced the SD cards so I could see what they looked like on the computer. The SD card does fit into my digital camera also so I will be able to check them if I do not have my laptop with me.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Looks good!! The box and the pics!

Comment

Mike,
                      Did you think this up all by yourself?

Gerald

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                        Mike,
                        Did you think this up all by yourself?

Gerald
                        I saw some other posts about enclosures for trail cameras and an electrical box that would hold the camera and external battery cost too much. I really did not need the lock just a way to keep the tree rats and coons from eating the power cord. I'm gonna put a solar panel on them when I go back up next month.

Comment

very nice

Comment

Working...
                          X