New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Missed the last two days at the gym because I went axis hunting in Sonora. Scored my first axis so happy about that. Back in the gym tomorrow for 5 straight days before heading to the lake house.
    ... and where are the pics of said axis?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      ... and where are the pics of said axis?

Right! And free samples! Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Large low fence ranch, spot and stalk. I also got my farthest kill on a pig at 414 yards. Great couple of days.

Comment

Good looking axis, and congrats on the long range trophy! Even a piglet at 414 yards would be a trophy!

Comment

Very nice!!!!

Comment

Chest and Abs today. Hit my heaviest max on flat bench today but then didnt have much else in the tank for the rest of the exercises. Did as much weight and as many reps as I could on everything else. I think Im still a little tired from the trip. We will see how tomorrow goes.

Comment

Nice axis...

I didn't make to the gym but one day last week due to the conference in SA. I thought about going Saturday, but wound up shooting in a steel challenge with my father in Bandera instead.

I hate conferences. Diet goes to heck, don't work out, drink too much, poor sleep.....I felt like a busted can of biscuits Saturday morning when I woke up.

Soooooo, I'm gonna kick my own arse this week. Today was legs and back. Squats/low rows, hack squat/wide grip pullups, calf raises/v-bar pullups, incline sit ups, hanging leg raises.

Tomorrow, deadlifts, prone leg curls, shoulders, more abs.

Comment

Had to be at work at 1 AM this morning. Got home a little after 1:30 PM. Was planning on coming straight in and working out, but I made the mistake of sitting down for a minute. Back to my regular work hours tomorrow.

Comment

Missed out Saturday and Sunday

Currently in the gym doing chest and tri's

Hoping to mix in more cardio starting this week

Comment

Today was a good day....

Hammies, shoulders, and some back. 5X5 supersets. Deadlift/lateral raises, prone hamstring curls/dumbbell shoulder press/bent over barbell rows, rear delt cable pulls/front plate raises/intermediate grip pullups.

I'm feeling the pain from missing last week. Standing and sitting are difficult.

Tomorrow. Biceps and more abs for sure. Might have to add something to it.
                      Last edited by SabreKiller; 05-23-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Greetings! I've been following along a bit since I started lifting back in February. My gym partner and I just started using the Wendler 5/3/1 as a guide. I like the idea of having specific amounts and a specific order to my schedule. Today was day 2 and while it was deadly during it, I'm really glad we're doing it.

I was wondering how or why you guys may have chosen the "programs" you're using. I was thinking about starting a new thread, but I didn't know if I should. So, if this is an inappropriate level of thread jumping let me know and I'll start new.

Comment

Choosing a program...

depends on the goal, really. And, there are a multitude of programs out there that are tailored toward the same goal. You just gotta find one that fits. I've been on a 10X10 phase for awhile, which was more of a fat burner. I mixed in a 5X5 program for strength building on other days. Now I'm just sticking with the 5X5 for awhile.

You can look at MuscleandFitness.com or Bodybuilding.com and find a plethora of programs.

Comment

Thanks!

My main goal in Feb. was to get my butt in the gym. We were using something from Jim Stoppani off of bodybuilding.com. Now that I've been getting it done I'm ready to re-set a few goals. Both of us are looking for "functional" strength more so than crazy high maxes. We're just at different ends of the spectrum. He's aiming for some bulk (150 lb. string bean), and I'm aiming to trim up significantly (275).

I've just got to start working on the diet end of things and add some cardio.

Comment

I worked out with a buddy several years ago. He didn't to do any kind of program, so we just picked a couple exercises every other day, worked out for about an hour. We did that for about a year and I didn't notice any big results. Then a few years later, I joined a gym with my wife, her friend and husband. I went the day we joined and never went back. In 2012, I started feeling bad and felt tired by the time I got out of the shower and got dressed. I'm not a big guy, probably 160# then. I started doing insanity, just to get some energy. Been doing Beachbody workouts since then. I've done insanity 3 times, P90X twice, insanity max 30 and Hammer and chisel once each, and starting body beast for the fifth round today. The schedules, and feeling like I have a trainer without having to go to a gym keep me going.

Comment

I just spent some time online reading about different exercises for each muscle group and mixed in a bit of what a couple trainers showed me and threw together a program.

Nothing fancy.

If you really need some guidance there's a few good programs on bodybuilding.com that you can tweak as you like.

Currently doing bi's and back. Mixing in some core at the end

Also dropping some weight on the exercises and really focusing on the motion themselves to see if that helps prevent my forearms from feeling like they are literally ripping off the bone....

So far so good
                                Last edited by 150class; 05-23-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X