Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking nice! Keep of the good work!

Comment

My question is how did you dig the holes to set the piers? Lots of labor no doubt!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
        My question is how did you dig the holes to set the piers? Lots of labor no doubt!!
        We dug as far as we could to hit bedrock. Some are 1-2ft down others are setting on top of the exposed bedrock. I made mote's with rocks on the shallow ones and poured concrete for more weight down low. I am going to install hurricane strapping (like used for mobile homes) to frame for good measure. Since its on bedrock it wont settle, and with the weight of this thing it would take a F5 to move it. I really don't think I will need the Hurricane straps but what the hell.

I built this thing like this to last 100 years or more. Hopefully it will be worth it!
        Last edited by wlee15; 08-09-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I may have missed it but what is the thickness on the tubing that you are using?

Comment

In! Loving your progress.

That view is nice!

Comment

Looking great. I love these threads.

Comment

This is going to turn out great

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  I may have missed it but what is the thickness on the tubing that you are using?
                  using 14 and 11ga.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

In the Spring of 2018 we started to work on the lower wall uprights and the window opening in the in the bedrooms under the Loft.

We also added the back wall framing and east wall framing. We painted most of the base and uprights. (Pic1)

then we decided to add a wrap around deck to the East and West sides of the cabin. On the west side, which is the main entry point there is about a 6" stepup to get onto the deck. We made the side decks 4' wide. On the East side there will be a 2 step stair way leading to the deck right at the side entry door for easy access (Pics2,3,4)

We also added Gussets to all the 90's on the first level. (Pic5)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Tagged

Comment

subscribed!

Comment

Mid July was the last time we worked on the cabin. On that trip we began working on the roof rafters. We got all the rafters above the loft completed; and then the wind kicked up. With it being so dry it was not safe to be welding so high up because of the fire hazard. So we decided to work down low. (Pic 1)

It was time to start working on the shower house. We had not planned on doing that on this trip but we had the tools and went for it. First thing was to cut in the door opening. (Pic 2,3)

We wanted to have a nice view in the shower so we cut in a window on the north side of the Silo. (Pic 4)

We welded up a door frame and attached the cut out sheathing from the opening to the frame. then used 2 hinges to mount the door to the Silo. (Pic 5)

On the last picture you can see the door and Window of the Bathhouse. you can also see the handrail on the deck . We plan to use cables going horizontally through the beams as cross member so we do not spoil the view. (Pic 6)
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is gonna be a very unique, awesome cabin.

Comment

I like the intergaration of the water tank as a room

Comment

Working...
                                X