• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      Looks great!
      Thanks, I can't wait to try it out. I was thinking some day I might graduate to a Krivoman blind on it. Still trying to decide, but I may get a rubber mat or 2 from tractor supply to dampen the sound. I have to do something.

I might have to try to get a hog out of it soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy5oo View Post
        Bringing back to life a pretty old thread, but I am almost done with a new pop up platform. Still have to brace legs and add the final touches. I have 4 ft legs on mine. So it is close to 4ft high. I was hoping someone that has used a double bull blind with a platform could tell me if the window will allow me to shoot without having to stand up in the blind. I am planning on setting the blind up on it this week, but I was just looking for someone that has some real world experience. I doubt I will get much less than a 15 yard shot (if that) on a deer from it, but some day I might turkey hunt out of it and get closer shots. I just was hoping someone could tell me from experience how well theirs has worked out with a double bull.
        I haven't hunted a double bull off of my platforms but I have used my rogers sporting goods "vision" blind with similar style windows (aka the knockoff primos "vision" blind). My platforms were 5ft tall and they worked just fine with my feeders set up 20-30y away and either on level ground or a dozen or so feet below where the blind is set.

Basically most blinds don't have windows that are lower than the hubs and should be around 30" from the ground. I've looked and looked and can't really find blinds or anywhere else that the measurement from the gound to the window opening is listed on any blinds. I kind of need it now because I'm going from a 5' platform to an 8.5' platform so I don't think the 30"ish window height will work for me.

Comment

Looks great
          Well done

Comment

Thanks and offthemap thanks for the info. I think it should work out pretty good for me from the sounds of it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Maverick platform-bucket stand.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	24445245

I built a new one 8 ft. tall for the Maverick blind to fit on. . .

Comment

You may want to consider using stall pads on the floor. These things are for putting inside a horse stall. Can get them at most any Tractor Supply. They cost more than scrap carpet for sure but will surely deaden any sounds from he bottom of the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy5oo View Post
                  Bringing back to life a pretty old thread, but I am almost done with a new pop up platform. Still have to brace legs and add the final touches. I have 4 ft legs on mine. So it is close to 4ft high. I was hoping someone that has used a double bull blind with a platform could tell me if the window will allow me to shoot without having to stand up in the blind. I am planning on setting the blind up on it this week, but I was just looking for someone that has some real world experience. I doubt I will get much less than a 15 yard shot (if that) on a deer from it, but some day I might turkey hunt out of it and get closer shots. I just was hoping someone could tell me from experience how well theirs has worked out with a double bull.

Not hunting out of a double bull, but I hunt out of an older Primos on a 4ft platform. Took two deer out of it last season both right at 20 yards. I did not have to stand to shoot. Think I could have shot at a much closer target without standing. Loved hunting from this setup. Add an ozonics to it and it is almost unfair.

Comment

This is the way to go. I built my wife one and I have 1 that I bowhunt from.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                      Do you think it would help to put some type of insulation under the floor to help with the noise? Or would two layers of carpet take care of it?
                      The rubber stall mats from tractor supply kill a lot of noise. I bet they would work good for that if you can cut them for the door. I use one for my popup stand that is metal and it quiets it down a lot.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Thanks for the helpful thread. I've got mine ready to take out to the ranch next weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just completed one last weekend: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=602555

Comment

Done and done... Setup worked just like I hoped it would. Thank you Lord for an 82 degree day in August! 25y shot to the feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

X-Ring

Is that the Ameristep Bone Collector? If so, room for two?

Comment

Working...
                                X