Looking for mounted Bobcat Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for mounted Bobcat Pics

Well I got my first bobcat with my PSE. I intend on having him mounted and was looking for some pictures of some of yall's mounts for some ideas. I havent decided if I want him on a limb goin across the corner of two walls or teeth showin mean. Also could anyone give me an idea on what it should cost.

Thanks
    Attached Files

I've seen bobcat mounts for for as little as $300 up to over $1,000. I've never seen a cheap bobcat mount that looked good, though.

Do your homework on who does good cat mounts. Contact various taxidermists and ask for pictures of some of the bobcats they've mounted. Then compare those pics to pics of live bobcat pics. In my opinion most taxidermists can't mount a bobcat and not make it look bad, but there are some that do good work. I'd ship a whole frozen cat to a really good (and higher priced) taxidermist vs. go the convenient and cheap route and send it to someone who is nearby and is terrible. You're only going to have the thing the rest of your life, so you don't want it to look bug-eyed, with over-painted lips, nose and eye lids and ears that angle out like some sort of Gremlin.

BTW...CONGRATS on the nice cat!!!!!

predatorsniper

Comment

Congrats on a true trophy with a bow! Beautiful cat!

Comment

I am worried the good ole rage did too much damage to him. It got him just to the right of the spine and out through the arm pit.

Thanks fella's he is a trophy to me.

Comment

Bobcat mount

Disregard the missing ear, thanks to my wife's Jack Russell.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0494.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	23914424

Comment

Comment

Nice work on the bobcats there Rooster.......

Comment

LOL...cute pup. Found a cuddle budy!

Comment

best pic I had on here without taking another one. It's not a good mount by any means but gives you an idea. That's a blue quail in it's mouth.
                  Attached Files

Comment

my wife had a little pos dog that chewed up all the grass around the cat! one of these days i will get it fixed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bobcat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	23914431

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
                      I am worried the good ole rage did too much damage to him. It got him just to the right of the spine and out through the arm pit.

Thanks fella's he is a trophy to me.
                      A good taxadermist can fix it up! I shot mine 2 times with a 30-0-6. 1st time i blew its rearend off could not tell the sex, and the 2nd shot was up along the back. I shot him while he was running and led him about 3 foot and still hit him in the rear

Comment

I told Chew to steer clear of that dude in Uvalde but he wouldn't listen and look what it got him.

Comment

ROOSTER,

The first mount in your thread is one of the best bobcat mounts I have ever seen. Simple but looks real! Very beautiful!

Comment

Here's the only pic I've got of one of ours. On top of the fridge in our hunting cabin. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by predatorsniper View Post
                              I've seen bobcat mounts for for as little as $300 up to over $1,000. I've never seen a cheap bobcat mount that looked good, though.

Do your homework on who does good cat mounts. Contact various taxidermists and ask for pictures of some of the bobcats they've mounted. Then compare those pics to pics of live bobcat pics. In my opinion most taxidermists can't mount a bobcat and not make it look bad, but there are some that do good work. I'd ship a whole frozen cat to a really good (and higher priced) taxidermist vs. go the convenient and cheap route and send it to someone who is nearby and is terrible. You're only going to have the thing the rest of your life, so you don't want it to look bug-eyed, with over-painted lips, nose and eye lids and ears that angle out like some sort of Gremlin.

BTW...CONGRATS on the nice cat!!!!!

predatorsniper

x2

Comment

Working...
                              X