Spicy Low-Country Shrimp and Grits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowfence,

You have that recipe down. Looks just like it should. You have me hungry even if it is breakfast time. It's on our menu for dinner tonight.

As a fyi, the piquillo peppers are like and can be substituted with some roasted red bell peppers which you can do yourself or buy in small containers.

Piquillo peppers

Other names: Piquillo chile

The name piquillo means "little beak". Traditionally piquillo peppers are grown in Northern Spain and are hand picked then roasted over open fires. The peppers are then peeled, all by hand then packed in jars or tins. The roasting of the pepper gives it a rich, spicy-sweet flavor.

Comment

campb

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
      Lowfence,

You have that recipe down. Looks just like it should. You have me hungry even if it is breakfast time. It's on our menu for dinner tonight.

As a fyi, the piquillo peppers are like and can be substituted with some roasted red bell peppers which you can do yourself or buy in small containers.

Piquillo peppers

Other names: Piquillo chile

The name piquillo means "little beak". Traditionally piquillo peppers are grown in Northern Spain and are hand picked then roasted over open fires. The peppers are then peeled, all by hand then packed in jars or tins. The roasting of the pepper gives it a rich, spicy-sweet flavor.
      Thanks i will use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

campb

Originally posted by CampB View Post
        Thanks i will use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I am doing it today,found yellow grits;Polenta;wife dosen't like hot so it will be kinda regular!!!! thanks again.

Comment

Best grits I've ever had. Now I need to try and make this with my grits.

carolinaplantationrice dot com white grits.

sorry post count still below 5 so can't make it a link

Comment

campb

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            my ears must be burning Mr Tom

i planned on making blackened garlic shrimp with tasso cheese grits this weekend but never got around to it

pic to make everyone's mouth water

Blake i don't no how to do pic. wet ,so looks good .Mine is almost as good !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

For tomorrow

Comment

Great recipe for sure

Family favorite list......

Comment

I might have hurt myself with this one tonight!

Wow
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

jeez yall know how to make a guy envious

Comment

Working...
                      X