Heart of texas bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbuckhunter1 View Post
    Not any more they changed that rule. If he does not score you pay 750. Dont shoot a 10 point either that will cost you 1500 now.
    what do you mean a 10 point cost 1500? it said nothing about that?

Comment

Originally posted by bhtyler10 View Post

if its under the min score its a fine of 1500.
      Last edited by Texans42; 12-02-2009, 08:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

From the HOT site:

7. OnlyTrophy Bucks meeting the minimum requirements are allowed to be taken.
        (9 point at 120" minimum, 10 point at 125" minimum.)
        A Fine of $750 for any 9 point buck taken that does not meet the above minimum requirement.
        A Fine of $1500 for any 10 point buck taken that does not meet the above minimum requirement.

Comment

I've hunted HOT twice. It's a great place with great people running it. It is what it is, a good chance at a shooter buck for a fair price. I agree with previous post that to be a shooter it will be around 4.5 years old and that's a wise old deer that's hard to get into your corn.

It's a hard, though, challenging hunt with a reasonable opportunity at a P&Y deer which is why people return year after year.
          Bigbuckhunter: My question to you would be how you hunted, tree or tent blind. You’ve got to be on good trails and brush in beyond belief then brush in some more. That was my downfall this year as I hit a branch and watched my arrow sail over the back of a great looking 8.
          That’s bow hunting, no one to blame.

Comment

[QUOTE=Slick8;2056419]I've hunted HOT twice. It's a great place with great people running it. It is what it is, a good chance at a shooter buck for a fair price. I agree with previous post that to be a shooter it will be around 4.5 years old and that's a wise old deer that's hard to get into your corn.

It's a hard, though, challenging hunt with a reasonable opportunity at a P&Y deer which is why people return year after year.
            Bigbuckhunter: My question to you would be how you hunted, tree or tent blind. You’ve got to be on good trails and brush in beyond belief then brush in some more. That was my downfall this year as I hit a branch and watched my arrow sail over the back of a great looking 8.
            That’s bow hunting, no one to blame.

I was hunting in a double bull and i brush it in were other hunters would walk by it. I see deer when i was hunting there just never any big bucks. All of the guys that are there with me dont see the big bucks. No one has taken a big buck while i was there. That is 20-25 huntere that are on both ranches on those hunts. So thats 60-75 hunters that did not shoot a big buck those are not good numbers. All of the guys that i have talked to have not been there when someone else has shot one either. The only group i talked to said they have been there twice when film crews were there and kevin put them in his blind they took mid 120s bucks. Like i said HOW MANY OF THE DEER TAKEN THERE ARE NOT GUIDED HUNTS?

Comment

well for 650, its not a bad deal regardless. The big mature bucks anywhere will not just come around all the time. You have to hunt hard to get one where ever you are with a bow. Im looking to have a great time whether I harvest a trophy or not. However, i will put all my efforts in to do so

Comment

well for 650, its not a bad deal regardless. The big mature bucks anywhere will not just come around all the time. You have to hunt hard to get one where ever you are with a bow. Im looking to have a great time whether I harvest a trophy or not. However, i will put all my efforts in to do so
                Well you will have to let me know how you do and what you think of your hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuckhunter1 View Post
                  Well you will have to let me know how you do and what you think of your hunt.
                  i will

Comment

I hope that you have success in your hunt on Kevin's place!

Comment

I've hunted there twice and took a doe both times. I saw one or two shooters but they were too far out for a shot. Both times I was there a nice shooter buck was taken by one of the hunters & there were a few misses.... Overall, our party had a good time & I think it is a great piece of property that gives you a chance for a P&Y animal. Hopefully they will stop raising the prices every year though :/

Comment

How long has HOT been in operation

Comment

I think this is their 6th. year at the Price ranch and 2nd at the Lee, which just doubled in lease size.

Comment

Maybe they are just building a quality deer herd for some high dollar
                            rifle hunts in the future at the expense of bowhunters. Do they run corn feeders during the hunting season ?
                            Last edited by s.price; 12-06-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

they have feeders but you have to be at least 150yds from feeders, or it was that way last year. i enjoyed my hunt and would go back.

Comment

i will
                                Well how was your hunt?

Comment

Working...
                                X