Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome…...

Comment

Seen this thread a year or so ago and after having one boar immediately destroy a feeder that I had staked, wired and done everything but plant pipe in the ground for it to sit on decided to build one of these till I had him killed off. Don't have pics but got all hardware from tractor supply used a 2" steel ring, then swivel, then short 1' piece of chain, another swivel, I bolt into glued end of 4" pvc cap with two flat washers and double nutted to keep them from working loose. Working like a charm just need to get out and kill him. This one has six holes drilled in a spiral pattern down the 4' pipe but they are just big enough to let 10 ish kernels out per complete rotation. I think the holes ended up being about 7/16. Started at 1/4 kicked it around then just slowly made the holes bigger until it was dumping what we needed out of it.

Takes a little less than a 40 pound bag to fill it up about 3/4 full and to get them to start pushing it around dumped the rest of the bag around the pipe. And used the short chain to hopefully help keep it from binding up and give them less leverage to really jerk on it.

Had this one out for 2 weeks still has some left in it, will refill later this week and put a camera up.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by westtexducks; 05-09-2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Got some neat video if I had smarts enough to post it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Im pretty interested in making one of these in a slightly larger size to put at my buddies place in kirbyville. Not to large, maybe a 15 or 20 gallon size max. Yall think that will work with the same principal just larger scale??

Kinda like this guy
          Last edited by jaime1982; 01-04-2016, 03:06 AM.

Comment

We have one at our place that's a 55 gallon plastic barrel and they push it around just fine, obviously we don't fill it all the way up though.

Comment

Mine has been under water all season!

Comment

I'm doing this. I especially like the fact that you can attach noise makers to it. At my farmstead, my travel trailer is only about 200 yards - through some trees - to where the pigs eat at my feeder and where I hunt. If I could do this, and hear them feeding it would reduce my time in the stand.

Comment

Gonna have to make a couple of these. Seems like a neat idea!

Comment

Resurrection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm gunna have to try this!!

Comment

Im going to make some this weekend. Great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
                            I'm doing this. I especially like the fact that you can attach noise makers to it. At my farmstead, my travel trailer is only about 200 yards - through some trees - to where the pigs eat at my feeder and where I hunt. If I could do this, and hear them feeding it would reduce my time in the stand.
                            I'm curious. Let us know how the deer react to the pig pipe. I've seen deer kick and paw gravity feeders wondering if this would get the same reaction and use just one type of feeder.

Comment

Great idea.

Comment

When they first came out with the plastic one liter soda bottles, I used them the same way for deer. they went nuts on them!

Comment

Working...
                                X