No announcement yet.

illegal buck at hagerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have it out for the Texas Cyclone worker the first time I went to Astroworld when I was 6...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ride[1].png
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	23906144

Down with authority....Fight the Man!!!!

Comment

WE are headed out there Dec4 for the hunt. I will ask about it ,and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by Brushpopper View Post
        WE are headed out there Dec4 for the hunt. I will ask about it ,and report back.

Brushpopper, no need to do that as we heard from the GW himself. This GW is one man the you can take his word to the bank and bank on it.

Comment

Everyone makes mistakes. What is done after the mistake shoes the true charactor of a person. Good Job who ever you are. Dale, thanks for tell us the story and backing the guy. Don't be a stranger around here.

Comment

Maybe we will get the shooters side of the story. It could educate others who end up in the same situation. Kudos for standing up to your mistake. Oh and did he know he was wrong when he recovered the animal or after he went to check in?

Comment

Dale, you are what a GW should strive to be. Yall have a tough job and have to make some very tough decisions. Sounds like you handled it very well. I have several very good friends who are GW's and actually played with the idea of becoming one. I have the utmost respect for what you do and what you stand for. Again, great job and keep up the good work.

Comment

10,4 Dave

Comment

Was at the seg B hunt, and the last morning and watched rick the refuge manager measure a 2.5 yr old that went 14 1/4". I don't know how the guy who took him was feeling but I was plenty nervous for him. Have no doubt a citation would have been issued if it didn't measure up, was a very nice buck just not very wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                    GOD forbid someone get a warning for an honest mistake that was reported by the hunter...
                    I'll bet you are the kind of guy that puts his kids in "time out" instead of spanking them for doing wrong and then you wonder why they don't learn from their mistakes.

Thanks for a Job well done Dale K!
                    Last edited by Hoghunter10; 02-22-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoghunter10 View Post
                      I'll bet you are the kind of guy that puts his kids in "time out" instead of spanking them for doing wrong and then you wonder why they don't learn from their mistakes.

You resurrect a post that's almost 3 months old just to give Cuz a hard time? I can't wait until hunting season starts back up!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                          I understand mistakes can be made. But this is one I don't understand. If the deer is not obviously outside his ears don't shoot it in a antler restricted county.

For the record all though I like the principle of antler restrictions to get more deer to have better antlers by getting some age on them. I do not like the state telling people what they can and can not shoot. I would much rather see restrictions set in place by hunting lease or in this case a WMA not the state.

If a guy is happy shooting a buck with a spread under 13" so be it - having the state tell him it's wrong is just wrong IMHO.

Heck some deer live their whole lives with out reaching the min spread in these antler restricted counties. I wonder if anyone has been fined yet for shooting a buck that was mature 5.5/6.5 yes old yet did not meeting the minimum spread.
                          what is the difference in a buck that is too small or a black bass that is too small? If it is illegal, you should expect to be fined. AR's have definately increased the numbers and quality of whitetail buck in the state. We aint gotta like em, but rules are rules.

get caught with a under sized speckled trout, you think the game warden in gonna give you a warning?

Comment

I was in the room when a young man asked the GW what would he do if the deer measured 12 7/8" and the reply was "the rule is 13". I think that's about a good an answer as you could give. He did say if it was an honest mistakes and the guy was upfront, it would be taken into consideration.

Comment

Very True,Everyone makes mistakes,It is very important to tell the truth when you make a mistake and learn from it and help others to not do what you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoghunter10 View Post

easy killer....

First of all, it's called police discretion. You ever done 51 mph in a 50? By right, you're breaking the law, but no cop in their right mind would pull you over. Although they have every right to, they don't. Why? Because discretion-common sense from a LEO angle.

Comment

Working...
                                X